cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated

Zaq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am extremely frustrated by public mobile auto pay options. I had a problem before, which I solved my self. Now again I am having the same issue,  not even the plan is expired and also I paid for US roaming for 10 days and it stop working after 5 days. I cannot get in touch with my family. Above all there is no customer service to talk to, except for emails.

13 REPLIES 13

D0pey911
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

T that does not work at all I tried that myself it's all just basic question something simple but when it comes to payment things they they basically doesn't help you at all

Another reason why Public Mobile must resolve the Auto-Pay fiasco sooner rather than later.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Zaq 

PM autopay is not reliable.  Keep the autopay enabled to get the autopay $2 discount every 30 days.  But you can add fund to your account before your renewal date.  As soon as your received your payment reminder from PM, add enough fund to your account to pay for your renewal.  Renewal using available fund in your account + your rewards credit always works.

I know that purpose of autopay is set it and forget it.  Until PM fixed the autopay glitches, this is the only sure way to get your plan renewed every time. 

When you have account related issue, create a support ticket to ask moderator for assistant.  https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Members on this forum can only help you on non-account-access issues.

@totalUser wrote:

@gpixel 

To set forwarding you must be in Canada or have roaming

I do not believe that call forwarding can be set if you're in the U.S., even if you have a roaming add-on.

@gpixel 

To set forwarding you must be in Canada or have roaming

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Zaq 

It seems like autopay issue doesn't go away by itself, you should contact moderators about it as it will repeat. I just pay manually but still receive my rewards they are not affected.

When did you get your add-on? The clock starts ticking the moment you purchase it. If you got it 5 days before that would explain it. If not, you should contact moderators.

TextNow is a great backup while on USA.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Zaq download an app called textnow. you can get a free Canadian number to stay in contact with your friends and family. you need data or wifi. or you can purchase their sim for $10 and you have free calling in the states. you don't even need the roaming add-on.

if you have an unlimited calling plan, then you can just forward your pm number to text now and use the text now sim while you are in the US. they also have $20/2gb and $40/unlimited data(throttled after 23gb)

check them out here

https://www.textnow.com/

@computergeek541 I do not believe that call forwarding can be set if you're in the U.S., even if you have a roaming add-on.

*this would have to be, for a future solution then. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Zaq  The 10 days start from the date of purchase. PM uses T-Mobile and AT&T for roaming so maybe try to manually connecting to the other too see if that fixes the issue.

If it's still not working then your only option unfortunately is to submit a ticket to PM.

Hope this helps.

@Zaq Customer service cannot be contacted by e-mail. Everyting needs to go through the ticketing system and private messaging on this website.

If this is a constant issue, I would suggest manually topping up before payment is due.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Zaq Maybe if you gave some details, someone here might be able to help you. Barring that everything is done online here. You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Public Mobile does not have a call center.  Customer service is done via moderator team interaction.  Just click the ? on the lower right corner and start the process and initiate a ticket.  It's not that bad.

Need Help? Let's chat.