cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends autopay did not go through ???

thegman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

She is subscribed to autopay, all previous months went through fine, but today her account was "suspended", the self-serve page had the warning at the top to pay (or ignore the message if on autopay).

We put a manual payment through and shes back up and running.  We could not wait to see if autopay would have went through later, as her phone is important.

She had no service until forcing a manual payment.

Going to her autopay page has "remove autopay" at the bottom, so I assume that means she is still on autopay.

Does this happen a lot?  Kind of frustrating...

Thanks

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

@Afevens  Its always a good idea to check your account at least once a month. This way you will be able to spot any irregularities such as rewards not being applied or an add on being used instead of plan feature and checking your usage or transaction history. While you're in there it's a good time to manually top up your account. I always leave a couple of extra dollars just in case a reward isn't applied. You still earn your autopay reward and you don't have to worry about it failing.

Afevens
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the exact same thing happen to me! My autopay was supposed to go through on the 19th and I even got the text message saying that I had gotten my $2 reward for using autopay (so I had thought everything was fine). Needless to say I realized on Saturday morning that nothing was working and was headed on a weekend trip away with family and no access to a cell functioning cell phone. It's been a bit frustrating 😞 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@thegman wrote:

She is subscribed to autopay, all previous months went through fine, but today her account was "suspended", the self-serve page had the warning at the top to pay (or ignore the message if on autopay).

We put a manual payment through and shes back up and running.  We could not wait to see if autopay would have went through later, as her phone is important.

Going to her autopay page has "remove autopay" at the bottom, so I assume that means she is still on autopay.

Thanks

Thanks.

Try to re-enable autopay, or do a manual payment.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@thegman wrote:

Thanks

Thanks.

@thegman 

This is the suggestion I go buy, I always top off in advance to prevent this from happening.

@RobertQc wrote:

Fair Warning. Unfortunately, sometimes auto pay fails. Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off (by manually adding funds) in advance as this process will prevent the most common and preventable reason that your account goes into suspension with a complete loss of service.

Need Help? Let's chat.