cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free month not activated

Wattersiv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I signed up for the free month promotion and activated my sim card a couple days later (today) I purchased a plan but was charged for this month when I thought it was supposed to be free.

14 REPLIES 14

@Wattersiv 

As long as you fulfilled the conditions of the promotion you will recieve the credit equal to your plan cost within 30 days of your activation. Public mobile has confirmed that the account credit will not be applied until after the promotion ends on May 22nd. If you dont see the credit applied by two days before your renewal (on day 28) contact the moderators then and ask for it to be applied..

@brettster99 wrote:

@Wattersiv 

If you have not received the second month promo and it is the second month then you would need to contact the moderator team. 

You can either submit a ticket using the ? on the bottom right of the screen. Or you can private message them. Go to the top right of the screen and click on the enevlope button then in the send to section type Moderator_team 

A moderator should not be contacted at this time. Credits for the free 30 days will be issued within 30 days of activation. The promotion has not be going on for 30 days, and therefore, moderators are not needed at this point.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wattersiv wrote:

I have not received the second month free promo on my account. I signed up for the promo and had my sim/plan activated soon after. The next day I received the email needed for the promo. I don’t think I should be penalized for activating quickly?

Did you submit the email address between May 5-7?

Did you activate using the same email address?

These things also usually take up to 30 days to appear in your account.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Wattersiv 

If you have not received the second month promo and it is the second month then you would need to contact the moderator team. 

You can either submit a ticket using the ? on the bottom right of the screen. Or you can private message them. Go to the top right of the screen and click on the enevlope button then in the send to section type Moderator_team 

Wattersiv

I have not received the second month free promo on my account. I signed up for the promo and had my sim/plan activated soon after. The next day I received the email needed for the promo. I don’t think I should be penalized for activating quickly?

@kildarecapes Sorry no. You just keep checking until you see it. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe.  If you used a referral code. Your $10 credit usually appears within 72 hours.

@kildarecapes wrote:

Thank you for the direction on the free month offer. Is there any way to check your account to confirm that the credit is in place?  I have no indication that the offer is in my account even though all PM directions were followed. 

The free month - not until your first renewal.

The $10 referral credit will appear within 10 days IF you used a referral code when activating. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kildarecapes

Thank you for the direction on the free month offer. Is there any way to check your account to confirm that the credit is in place?  I have no indication that the offer is in my account even though all PM directions were followed. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Wattersiv, do you really think that would be a great business sense for a cell phone provider to offer the first month free. One can sign-up and then leave after the 30-day period. And then use a different name and email account and do it again? Public Mobile would be out of business then. 

By offering that the second month is free, you are kinda locked in for at least for the first 30-days.

Imagine if pizza places offer the Buy One Slice and get the second slice free. If they offer the first slice free, would you order the second slice? I know I wouldn't! 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Wattersiv within 30 days you will get a credit equal to your monthly pay, so your second month will be free.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Wattersiv , Public Mobile deals are never free up front.  Being a prepaid service, if the first month was free, a lot of customers might not stay long enough to give the service a serious tire kicking.  With the second month free, both sides have some skin in the game so to speak.  Public Mobile is willing to pay for a second 30 day term if the customer is serious enough to pay for the service for the first 30 day term.  

brettster99

@Jb456 

You should @ Him to make sure he gets a notification of your response otherwise he won’t get it

brettster99

@Wattersiv 

It’s the second month that will be free. This month is for setting everything up to work properly 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

First plans are 30 days not month. It's always second 30 days free not the first.

What offer did you sign up for? Possibly the flash sale May 5-7th? 

As per the terms with the 2nd 30 days free the credit will be applied to your account within 30 days of activating provided all terms and conditions are meet.

If you signed up with a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. That will be credited within 72 hours of activating.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.