cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot to update CC expiry date

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello all. So I forgot to update the expiry date for autopay on both my wife and my PM accounts. Mine isn't due for a couple more days but hers was supposed to be charged today. Realised my mistake and when I logged in it says in her my account PLAN EXPIRED. I updated the CC info and applied an immediate payment.

What are the chances I get double billed or have issues with her phone? Is it going to mess with her autopay credit as it looks like the immediate payment charged didn't factor in all of her reward credits...?

Much appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good news!

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Thanks for the replies all.

Looks like I didn't get double billed. However, some of the rewards will be carried over to next renewal. All good so I'm happy.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You should not get double charged, as the autopayment system first looks for available funds which you've already added, then takes the rest from the credit card if necessary.

If today was your wife's payment due date (as listed in "Overview" page), then here's what to expect:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" on payment due date.
2. Conversion of all rewards to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment is not collected yet at this point. Account will now show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In the early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), and plan will be renewed. Account status will then show as "active."
Throughout this process, your service should be uninterrupted. You only need to contact a moderator for help if your service actually stops (can't make calls or use data).

Usually, the autopay reward will still be credited as long as you've got a credit card set up for it. Not sure how your expired card would have affected that, but I would think, as long as you've updated it before the payment is actually taken, you're probably okay there. Only way to know for sure is by checking your account after the renewal is completed.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mtfolks wrote:

Hello all. So I forgot to update the expiry date for autopay on both my wife and my PM accounts. Mine isn't due for a couple more days but hers was supposed to be charged today. Realised my mistake and when I logged in it says in her my account PLAN EXPIRED. I updated the CC info and applied an immediate payment.

What are the chances I get double billed or have issues with her phone? Is it going to mess with her autopay credit as it looks like the immediate payment charged didn't factor in all of her reward credits...?

Much appreciated!

If you have auto pay set up, don't touch the account around payment time.  The account will show expiry in error.  The day after, payment will be processed and the account will show active status.  You chances of being double billed is uncertain.  Monitor the situation and if you do get double billed, contact a moderator and they will fix things for you. 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

If the fund went through, then no worry about it.  It is the famous cosmetic error on Self Serve account on the DATE the plan renew.   Sometimes you might see your account is suspended too.

As long as the service is working, you are ok.   

Need Help? Let's chat.