cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign credit card?

frosstman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, we have an international student from Vietnam living with us for three months. She plans to sign up for Public Mobile. Will her credit card based in Vietnam be accepted?

9 REPLIES 9

@srlawren wrote:

@tcowtan wrote:

I'm overseas and need the number to book things for my trip - there are no vouchers over here!

@tcowtan try recharge.com.  They aceept international cards.

They also accept Paypal. As much as many people dislike the company, that's huge because that allows people to use funds already in the balance and for even more payment options through them. The other thing that Paypal has going for them is how people feel beter giving their credit card numbers to less companies.  I think that accepting Paypal would benefit Public Mobile greatly, assuming that they were able to negotiate a rate that was agreeable to them.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tcowtan wrote:

I'm overseas and need the number to book things for my trip - there are no vouchers over here!

@tcowtan try recharge.com.  They aceept international cards.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

You could try using recharge.com to make a payment.

Best to start your own thread for better exposure of your issue.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/paying_for_your-service

Im not 100 % sure what's happening here. PM cellular cannot be accessed from overseas eh?

tcowtan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is indeed an irritation.

I bought the SIM card using an international credit card, but now that I want to activate it, I can't.

@ShawnC13 @Luddite Actually Prepaid Mastercard (Gift Card) works. I tested this the other day and i was able to successfully add it to my account. The card was from this site: https://mastercard.giftcardstore.ca

@frosstman This will allow her to add this type of gift card to her self-serve account so she can enable AutoPay. To avoid any problem with the payment coming out of the added gift card, vouchers can be used.

Prepaid Visa cards, but NOT gift cards, are accepted; try ScotiaBank. Use vouchers instead;  check these stores:

• Esso
  • Shopper's Drug Market
  • Canadian Tire Gas Bar
  • Shell
  • Hasty Market
  • Ultramar
  • Uniprix
  • Walmart
  • WOW Mobile (will activate SIM too)
  • K Mobile
  • Jean Coutu
  • Pharmaprix

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@frosstman wrote:

Hi, we have an international student from Vietnam living with us for three months. She plans to sign up for Public Mobile. Will her credit card based in Vietnam be accepted?

As stated above no international cards are accepted but she could always purchase the value in vouchers for three months and load them into the account.  She just wouldn't get autopay rewards.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Short answer --- NO.

Only Canadian credit cards are accepted.

Need Help? Let's chat.