cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First billing and amount owing

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi

I bought a SIM card from a retail source and although they activated it, they only charged me for the SIM.  I had them set it for auto-pay, but online it has an owing amount. When do I get charged for the actual plan? Does Public Mobile automatically charge this to my credit card on file or do I have to make a manual transaction?

20 REPLIES 20

1vk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You are ok. Enjoy reasonable price with PM and forget all those greedy service providers who promise you all blows and whistles that you  never need. I travelled to europe and I was blown away by their pricing and then I realised how we are ripped off here. That's main reason why I switched to PM...and...I am very happy so far...

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tsparkle21 wrote:

Whew, okay, thanks!  I wanted to make sure I don't owe anything now, but the invoice and the billing was a bit confusing. 

With Public Mobile there is no invoice, it's very simple you pay for your plan and you have service for the next 30 days or (90 days) if you don't pay you have no service. There are no overages or any sort of pay per use billing what so ever. 

In your situation Retail Store Charged you for the Sim Card in there POS System and then Public Mobile billed the charges for your 30 Day plan through there online billing system.

@tsparkle21 wrote:

Hi,

Yes, it is currently active, thanks.

@tsparkle21  That means you were charged for the 30 days. What you see in your account is for your next renewal. Check the date to verify.

Welcome to PM!!Smiley Happy

tsparkle21

Hi,

Yes, it is currently active, thanks.

@tsparkle21 wrote:

Hi

It says

Available Funds $2.00

Payment for Next Cycle $15.00

Amount Owing $13.00

The store must have already charged you for the plan in some manner.  The fact that you have $2.00 in your account would indicated an autopay bonus.  You can't have a balance or even have an active account unless the first 30 days (or 90 days depending on plan) have been first paid for. You wouldn't be able to log in.

asianhaxor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It may take some time for any changes to occur. See how things turn out in a day or maybe in a few hours !

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tsparkle21 wrote:

Hi

I bought a SIM card from a retail source and although they activated it, they only charged me for the SIM.  I had them set it for auto-pay, but online it has an owing amount. When do I get charged for the actual plan? Does Public Mobile automatically charge this to my credit card on file or do I have to make a manual transaction?

@tsparkle21 PM is s prepaid service that means you get charged in advance for your plan duration. Once you setup Auto-pay the amount was charged to you cc otherwise your plan would not have activated. Does your phone work?

The retail store has nothing to do with the PM Billing system, and PM doesn't really have a billing system.

All plans are 'money upfront' for service.  When your plan expires, you have the choice of walking away or paying again (or changing your plan).

SO, if you have active service, you're fully paid.

@tsparkle21 no prob we all go through it in the begining lol welcome to PM get familiar with your self serve it breaks down pretty well any question you may have it just takes a bitSmiley Happy

tsparkle21

Whew, okay, thanks!  I wanted to make sure I don't owe anything now, but the invoice and the billing was a bit confusing. 

@tsparkle21 hi yes you will owe 13 after this 30 day cycle is done Smiley Happy plus tax on the 13 of course!!

tsparkle21

Hi

It says

Available Funds $2.00

Payment for Next Cycle $15.00

Amount Owing $13.00

1vk

It show on your credit card charges. Amount charged for sim show in the same day, but amount for service will show a few days later.

@1vk wrote:

Give it a few days. It happened to me too. Don't worry and welcome to PM.

Can you access self-serve (My Account) and possibly post a screenshot of your payment history and overview pages?

Please block out personal information.

tsparkle21

Thank you!

1vk

Give it a few days. It happened to me too. Don't worry and welcome to PM.

tsparkle21

Hi

I remember the agent saying that they’ll only charge me for the SIM...does that mean that the plan charge will be made by Public Mobile?

I checked my bill and it says

Public Mobile BYOD $0

Public Mobile Plan $0

Public Mobile Prepaid Activation 30 days $0

Public Mobile Tri-SIM card $10

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@tsparkle21The retail store should had charged you for the SIM card, if they set you up for autopay then Public Mobile would had charged you for service for the next 30 days, assuming you have service now.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@tsparkle21 hi you must have been charged or you wouldnt have service the amount owing you see is for your next billing cycle

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have autopay setup there should a charge for your first month as PM is a prepaid provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.