cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fees for upgrading plan?

Wolfiee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there,

Will I be penalized for switching plans / have to pay a fee to upgrade it? I think it’s worth upgrading the plan rather then purchasing add-ons for me unless there will be incurred fees from doing so. 

7 REPLIES 7

@Wolfiee Here's an article on switching plans.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan. Its better to choose the change at next renewal option. Here's where and how to do it.

20200416_143943.jpg

@Wolfiee wrote:

Hey there,

Will I be penalized for switching plans / have to pay a fee to upgrade it? I think it’s worth upgrading the plan rather then purchasing add-ons for me unless there will be incurred fees from doing so. 

I think of it more like this:  If you ask for the change to occur imediately, there are no plan upgrades. The new plan replaces the old plan. The reason I use the word replace is because of the fact that you can't just pay the difference, nor is there any proration available.  The new plan litterally replaces the old one and a new 30 day cycle begins at that moment. And, as mentioned earlier, the old plan is lost and you won't have any money returned to you for the unused part of that old plan.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Wolfiee if you do decide to upgrade right away because you don't have anymore data. make sure to manually add "available funds" amount equal to the plan you want to change first before clicking "change plan immediately" otherwise you could run into issues

amount due-01~2.jpeg

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No fees, but its advisable to do it just before your month ends. Check your selfserve acct to see when your month ends, if you dont know.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Wolfiee wrote:

Hey there,

Will I be penalized for switching plans / have to pay a fee to upgrade it?

@Wolfiee  No you will not.

I think it’s worth upgrading the plan rather then purchasing add-ons for me unless there will be incurred fees from doing so. 

If you ran out of data you can upgrade to a plan with more data via selfserve or you can also renew early by submitting a ticket to PM and asking them to do it for you

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Wolfiee wrote:

Hey there,

Nope...just select the plan you want and select Change at Renewal. That way you won't lose whatever balance of talk/text/data you currently have.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is no fee to upgrade but it is recommended to change plan on next renewal date so you don' t lose any unused minutes/texts or data.

Need Help? Let's chat.