cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to pay with certain Bank Accounts

moinmpatel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am a user for a while now and had a lot of trouble paying for the service after 1st month of use. I was not able  to find Public Mobile in the payee list of my bank when paying online. My uncle had to run around tirelessly so as to pay it at the outlet I bought the sim, in the last minute. Moreover, he was told,  and we all know, public mobile has no call centre. Why is that so , please?

5 REPLIES 5

@MMack wrote:

Hello, I can give you some great advise on a good way to pay your bill.

If you go down to Scotia Bank they have a product called the PREPAID SCENE VISA Card, this will allow you to load the VISA card as a bill payee through your normal bank or in any Scotia Branch, then the charges will go to the visa card. This will also make you eligible for Auto-Pay rewards, saving you 24$ a year on your public mobile bill.

The card itself is an excellent deal. It costs 10$ a year and is completely free to use and to reload. Its also a great card to use for internet purchases where you dont want to use a personal card.

Just load the card and let the auto-pay take care of the rest. 

[Heres a link to the card]

Gee whiz willy willicker!  Someone has become a new poster, very recently, and has found my favourite payment method.  Great 🙂  Yes, this is a working solution, but it does take some effort (now) to get started.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@moinmpatel wrote:

Hi,

I am a user for a while now and had a lot of trouble paying for the service after 1st month of use. I was not able  to find Public Mobile in the payee list of my bank when paying online. My uncle had to run around tirelessly so as to pay it at the outlet I bought the sim, in the last minute. Moreover, he was told,  and we all know, public mobile has no call centre. Why is that so , please?

As mentioned, no online bill payments, no foreign ie. non-Canada/US issued credit cards, no Mastercard Debit (if there is such a thing).

In addition to the other methods already mentioned...there're also Visa and Mastercard gift cards that work. Not like the refillable mentioned above...just the simple gift cards.

MMack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I can give you some great advise on a good way to pay your bill.

If you go down to Scotia Bank they have a product called the PREPAID SCENE VISA Card, this will allow you to load the VISA card as a bill payee through your normal bank or in any Scotia Branch, then the charges will go to the visa card. This will also make you eligible for Auto-Pay rewards, saving you 24$ a year on your public mobile bill.

The card itself is an excellent deal. It costs 10$ a year and is completely free to use and to reload. Its also a great card to use for internet purchases where you dont want to use a personal card.

Just load the card and let the auto-pay take care of the rest. 

[Heres a link to the card]

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile does not accept payment by bank transfer.

If your account(s) have a VisaDebit, you can use that just like a credit card, and set it up via AutoPay in MyAccount.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@moinmpatel  You can buy Public Mobile vouchers from www.recharge.com, London Drugs, Wow Mobile, K Mobile or The Mobile Shop to add funds to your account. You can add a credit card and use autopay, which also gets you a reward of $2/30 days.

There is no call center because it's cheaper not to have one. There is this forum where you can usually get answers to problems quickly and there are moderators you can message if you can't get an answer from the forum.

Need Help? Let's chat.