cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra charges for signing up

Pooh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I signed up for the $25 plan (unlimited minutes/texts and 1GB data) last week at a koodo mobile kiosk.

However, the sales person charged me $15 for a sim card and $10 service charge. I was surprised because it's first being charged a service fee to sign up by a phone company and the sin card is listed at $10 on site.

Are these charges correct? Should I go back and ask for a refund?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

@slash407 wrote:

u need to upload documents because something is amiss and ur not explaining the whole story, but upload them to the mods as we cant really change anything here on our end

As for the person not telling the whole story, none of us were there.  As for how we can't really change anything, we can't change anything at all for the customer.

It's no incoceivable that the retailer did charge extra for the sim card and activation.  We've read a few stories compalining about this very same thing.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Pooh

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Have you considered making a complaint about this business to the Better Business Bureau in your area?

Depending on the consumer laws in your area, you may have some rights and recourses. A good source to find out this information and to consider would be through a public legal education organization, alike People's Law School in BC - https://www.peopleslawschool.ca/

Good luck!

@Pooh wrote:

Hi I signed up for the $25 plan (unlimited minutes/texts and 1GB data) last week at a koodo mobile kiosk.

However, the sales person charged me $15 for a sim card and $10 service charge. I was surprised because it's first being charged a service fee to sign up by a phone company and the sin card is listed at $10 on site.

Thank you.

If you don't agree with a charge, or don't wish to pay it, you should refuse to pay and just walk away without making the purchase.  This obviously goes for the purchase of any good or service unless you absolutely require it and there's no other place to get it.  Unfoturanately, by turning over the money, you have actually agreed to pay that price, and a retailer is under no obligation to give a refund. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pooh wrote:

Thank you.

A retailer can charge whatever they like unfortunately. Used to be, a retailer would charge $30 for the privilege of having them set you up even though there were no other options.

Yes. The SIM is $10. Everything else is on the retailer. Some retailers might even give you a SIM if you activate there and again that's not from Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.