cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra charge

rakhtar97
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

im being charged $10 a month extra every month. Can someone help me pls?

i see 2 transactions different dates on my credit card. $10 (I don't know what this is) and $20 (for my plan)

thank you 

29 REPLIES 29

@Ruth99 

I think what is confusing you is not understanding the bundling discount. If you only had one of the features with your province wide talk you would be charged that price. But because you have three you get a bundling discount of $60 or $20 off each feature. So it looks like youre getting overcharged but once you subtract the credit they give you  it totals $135 per 90 days.( - rewards=$123)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ruth99 wrote:

Hi, can anyone explain why my $135 plan is charging me extra each 90 days?  I'm confused.  I'd like to have 2GB/month 4G speed/month, with unlimited Canada tax and text.  If I look at new plans, they're all 3G so I'm reluctant to change plans but I don't understand why the charges are over $135, especially with the credits I get.

@Ruth99 

Your images indicate all is well. Where are you seeing extra charges? It's just how they come to the end result of renewing your plan. Your last renewal you ended at zero balance. This renewal took $123 from your autopay and then at the end of the day you ended up back at zero balance.

Ruth99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, can anyone explain why my $135 plan is charging me extra each 90 days?  I'm confused.  I'd like to have 2GB/month 4G speed/month, with unlimited Canada tax and text.  If I look at new plans, they're all 3G so I'm reluctant to change plans but I don't understand why the charges are over $135, especially with the credits I get.

Ruth99_1-1606941035442.pngRuth99_2-1606941161418.png

@rakhtar97 

Can you please check the other account and see if you have some stranger charges there.

Then compare it with your credit card statement to make sure that each line of your statement can be matched with a charge on one of your accounts.

If there is any extra charge, write down the transaction date and reference number (you may have to call your cc customer service to get that) and contact moderators with that info.https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/  If there was wrong charge they WILL fix it.

Thanks

@rakhtar97 I hope this explains how much you were charged for Dec>Jan>Feb.

1FACE539-D46B-4339-84B4-31C1290CDD37(1).jpeg

@rakhtar97 You were not charged anything extra. Twice you made manual payments and that confused you. But overall, you paid the exact same amount for your plan ($25-rewards+tax) over the few months. 

@rakhtar97 

Look at December 14, you did two manual topups 20+10, so that you carried credit of 10 into January. There you were charged (that was autotopup) only $10 because you already had 10 as credit, and you got 2+3 for rewards, this is why you have 11.3 on your credit card statement (10+tax). 

Please do the same for your other account, that one seems to have renewal on 23/24th.

If you do have two accounts you will have two separate charges.

rakhtar97

1FACE539-D46B-4339-84B4-31C1290CDD37.jpeg

This is the transaction history. Everything seems ok here but I'm getting charged more on my credit card. It's kind of confusing. I don't know why there is more than one transaction on my credit card. I think PM need to fix this and make it simple for ppl. 

I think I have no choice but to port out. I'm finding this too confusing.

thanks for your help.

@rakhtar97 

Also note that in January 24 you were charged 18+tax.

If you check your payment history from the link that I sent you it will be much more clear and easier to investigate. You don't have to share it if you don't wish, but please take a closer look and read the description of each charge. Also when money is withdrawn manually add opposed to auto topup it is named differently there too. So just take a closer look

Thanks

Since your cycle so seems to start on 24th of January, February 23rd would be the next cycle day, you can expect the next payment to be March 24, then April 23. (It's not monthly charge is every 30 days)

You were charged 12+tax on 23rd of February, since you get 2 autopay and 3 loyalty, if looks like you had $8 on your balance (25-2-3-12=8). 

Is it possible that you withdrew manually some money on your account and forgot about it?

Hi @rakhtar97 

I'm not working for public mobile, I'm a user just like you. 

Don't share any sensitive info here on the forum.

If you are talking privately, the people who you can share info willl have mod or pm beside their nickname.

This is what I asked you to post. You will notice that I zoomed out my account number and my name, it's only harmless info that is left (payments, charges rewards etc) 

Screenshot_20200303-203735~2.png

You don't want to expose any info that can be used for porting or your impersonation.

rakhtar97

Sorry to get something straight. Are you working for public mobile? Because ppl are asking me for information and I'm providing the information. But nothing is getting resolved.

@rakhtar97 wrote:

No I have 2 accounts but the other account is ok. It's just this one.

i actually got another charge $13.56 ok February 23, 2020.

what should I do?

thanks

@rakhtar97 can you please login to your account

Then go here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/ 

Expand it over 60 days and take a screenshot

Zoomout or blackout your personal and account info ( this is public forum)

Then post it here so we can figure out why were you charged ( little picture of camera above the message window when you reply here)

Thanks

rakhtar97

No I have 2 accounts but the other account is ok. It's just this one.

i actually got another charge $13.56 ok February 23, 2020.

what should I do?

thanks

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@rakhtar97 

If you login to your self serve and check out the payment history or will tell you exactly what was that for.

Do you have only one account with public mobile?

Thanks

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rakhtar97 wrote:

Hi,

i see 2 transactions different dates on my credit card. $10 (I don't know what this is) and $20 (for my plan)

thank you 

@rakhtar97  Access your selfserve account and hit the Payment History link. Pick at least the 60 days date range. You should be able to quickly figure out what is going on. If not, post a screenshot and we can help you decipher on what's going on. (Blackout any personal information).

@will13am wrote:

@rakhtar97, you might want to give the current $25 plan a good look.  It includes Canada wide calling, international text and 1GB data.  This new plan offers a lot more than your legacy plan for the same cost. 

@will13am   I believe OP clarified that he changed to the $25 plan recently.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rakhtar97, you might want to give the current $25 plan a good look.  It includes Canada wide calling, international text and 1GB data.  This new plan offers a lot more than your legacy plan for the same cost. 

rakhtar97

Thank you very much 

@rakhtar97 wrote:

Yes I did but it shouldn't go on every month that was a one time purchase. I bought some long distance minutes. Because I couldn't call out Ontario. But then someone told me to change to $25 plan. Then I changed to that. Thank you

Yes if you only made a purchase once, then there should be no further extra charges, so best to contact moderators using the link provided by computergeek earlier.  They will be able to see what happened and issue you an account credit to use towards your next renewal.

rakhtar97

No I didn't 

@rakhtar97 wrote:

I am on $25 dollar plan and I get $2 autopay reward and $3 loyalty.

Okay, that makes sense!  So you didn't make any other add-on purchases recently?

rakhtar97

Yes I did but it shouldn't go on every month that was a one time purchase. I bought some long distance minutes. Because I couldn't call out Ontario. But then someone told me to change to $25 plan. Then I changed to that. Thank you

rakhtar97

I am on $25 dollar plan and I get $2 autopay reward and $3 loyalty.

@rakhtar97   Looking at your payments, did you make a purchase of any add-ons recently and that may explain the second charge?

Edit:  You may also want to check out the current plans PM has because they probably offer better value than the one you are on.  Here is the link: https://www.publicmobile.ca/plans

rakhtar97

7DFB1604-13F0-4A41-B83B-00D60A28B540.jpeg

rakhtar97

378A5C0D-DF52-4C2F-B990-B703F7B2BDB7.jpeg

@rakhtar97 wrote:

Hi,

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

thank you 

Which plan do you have? Public Mobile hasn't offered a $20 plan for quite a while.  Do you have a second account with Public Mobile, or did you give permission for a family member to use y our credit card? 

If not, you will need to contact the moderarators to look into this. A ticket can be opened by going to: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rakhtar97 wrote:

Hi,

thank you 

Are you on an older grandfathered in plan, because there are no $20 plans being offered by PM.   What is the total amount you are being charged on your CC and how long has this been happening.

Can you post a screenshot of your payment history (minus personal info) so we can see what might have happened?

Need Help? Let's chat.