cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Funds from $100 voucher

buvan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, so I was wondering what happens to my unused funds if I purchase a $100 voucher. I am on a $25/month plan, so would I not need to pay the next 3 months, or would the funds dissapear? 

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

I would caution about putting extra funds into your account. The advantage of being prepaid is that you can change carriers anytime you like. The disadvantage is that you do not get a refund for what you already spent and once you port your number out your account is closed making it very difficult and troublesome to get back any extra funds you may have in your account.

Just something to keep in mind.

That there is some grade A sage advice.

There's a rumour that one could transfer Available Funds over to another PM customer at the time of leaving but I don't think it's a given.

Sometimes the place you go to might have like a signing bonus that could cover what you might have left behind but also not a given.

And if it's real money you leave behind and not just Rewards then even more something to think about.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@buvan wrote:

Hi, so I was wondering what happens to my unused funds if I purchase a $100 voucher. I am on a $25/month plan, so would I not need to pay the next 3 months, or would the funds dissapear? 

I would caution about putting extra funds into your account. The advantage of being prepaid is that you can change carriers anytime you like. The disadvantage is that you do not get a refund for what you already spent and once you port your number out your account is closed making it very difficult and troublesome to get back any extra funds you may have in your account.

Just something to keep in mind.

Funds never dissapear (trust me I went over 12 months without paying a bill here once Cat Wink )

Having said that there IS a maximum cap (something like $300 or so) but you would def be under so no issue

@buvan

As stated above, the remaining will stay in your balance until your next payment date.  

In the last month or so, there have been a few cases of problems with the larger vouchers.  For some reason, some $100 vouchers have not been able to be used.  Customers needed to contact moderator which takes time.  Most of the time, you should be fine, but might be a better idea to buy multiple smaller amount vouchers.  

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The funds will stay in your account..PM will take funds required from your availble funds at each renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.