cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending our renewal dates for 3 days.

pchandra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there wonderful people and community,

My mom and dad visited me in Canada and we have been very happy with Public mobile so far. Here is the unexpected problem.

We originally planned on leaving Canada on 10th of May this month but our flight dates got changed and it went to 14th of May 2019.

I will be gone with them, as well. We won't be back for 3 months and Public mobile won't have any roaming in India.

We have 3 phone numbers with public mobile. I was wondering if you can help me out. Their 2 phone numbers renewal date is 11th of May this month and mine is 13th of may this month.

Is there a way you guys can please help us extend the plans until 14th May so we can save some money. It is totally a waste of money for us to pay a whole month when we won't be here using it.

I can post all the phone numbers here if anyone wanted to know. 

Please help.

Thank you.

15 REPLIES 15

@stonechucker wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@pchandra  If you are referring to the current $50.00 plan honestly I don't think that one is going to go away any time soon so I wouln't worry about it not being available when you get back IMHO.

Public Mobile cancels deals on a whim.  There is no reason to think the plan will stay around for a while.  I have a friend waiting for his and his wife's contracts to be up with Bell before they join here at Public Mobile.  They want the $50 8.5 GB.  They were interested when the $25 friend referrals were first offered, but had 10 months remaining on their device subsidies, don't want to pay off their devices early, to save money (I know...strange...)

I saw him last night - ticked they missed the friend referral.. hoping they come back, and still doesn't want to pay off remaining 2 months of device subsidies, and continues to pay the inlated cost of the plan at Bell.

I keep telling him, there's no way of knowing when promos will disappear.

Paying $150.00 extra for fear of losing a $50.00 plan does not compute in my world. But hey each one here is an adult and they make their own decisions. We can only give out opinions.

@geopublic wrote:

@pchandra  If you are referring to the current $50.00 plan honestly I don't think that one is going to go away any time soon so I wouln't worry about it not being available when you get back IMHO.

Public Mobile cancels deals on a whim.  There is no reason to think the plan will stay around for a while.  I have a friend waiting for his and his wife's contracts to be up with Bell before they join here at Public Mobile.  They want the $50 8.5 GB.  They were interested when the $25 friend referrals were first offered, but had 10 months remaining on their device subsidies, don't want to pay off their devices early, to save money (I know...strange...)

I saw him last night - ticked they missed the friend referral.. hoping they come back, and still doesn't want to pay off remaining 2 months of device subsidies, and continues to pay the inlated cost of the plan at Bell.

I keep telling him, there's no way of knowing when promos will disappear.

@pchandra wrote:

Thank you so much all of you. Amazing community here.

It makes sense to renew this one month, however just feels like its literally a waste of money to be spending 50 bucks x 3.

I wondered about the 10 dollars plan but also worried if I will lose the plan upon returning. Maybe I can do the 10 dollars for my parents since they wont really be using all that much data. But we all have very fancy numbers, and everytime I give my number out to someone they are jealous of my number lol 

Wouldn't want to lose that one. I mean, the reason I wanted to extend the plan until 14th is, for calling the Airport limo and other reasons like what if the flight company screwed up something and you need to be able to calll and talk to someone etc. it is a good idea to have the ability to call someone until the last minute we get on the flight.

So wondering if 10 dollars plan would still give some calling abilities. 

How would I pick the 10 dollars plan for my parents. I am going to let my plan renew this month. 

Once again, thank you so much to everyone who commented.

Also thanks for recommending Textnow, I will try that. Hopefully getting the wifi at Pearson wouldnt be an issue. I will keep that as my saftey option.

@pchandra wrote:

How would I pick the 10 dollars plan for my parents. I am going to let my plan renew this month. 

The $10 plan comes with 50 mins and 50 outgoing text (unltd incoming text). There is also the $15 plan which gives 100 mins plus unltd text (both in and out) plus 250 MB data.

Whatever you choose, simply select (Change Plan) in Self-Serve, select the desired plan, then select (Change on next renewal date).

Just remember to select Lost/Stolen the last day of the plan(s) by going to [Plan and Add-ons] tab, then [Lost/Stolen Phone] tab, then click (Suspend Service).

When you come back, to re-activate any plan, you must:

1. FIRST go back to the [Lost/Stolen Phone] tab and click (Resume Service). Simply clicking (Re-activate plan) will NOT work (if you click (Re-activate plan), it will force you to enter an amount BUT it will do nothing. I have raised this issue with PM a few times that it should be one step or at least warn you to (Resume Service) first).
  2. Then you can click (Re-activate plan) which will force you to add a minimum payment of $1 to complete the activation, even if you have sufficient balance in the account (another bug that has been raised with PM).

pchandra

Thank you so much all of you. Amazing community here.

It makes sense to renew this one month, however just feels like its literally a waste of money to be spending 50 bucks x 3.

I wondered about the 10 dollars plan but also worried if I will lose the plan upon returning. Maybe I can do the 10 dollars for my parents since they wont really be using all that much data. But we all have very fancy numbers, and everytime I give my number out to someone they are jealous of my number lol 

Wouldn't want to lose that one. I mean, the reason I wanted to extend the plan until 14th is, for calling the Airport limo and other reasons like what if the flight company screwed up something and you need to be able to calll and talk to someone etc. it is a good idea to have the ability to call someone until the last minute we get on the flight.

Also thanks for recommending Textnow, I will try that. Hopefully getting the wifi at Pearson wouldnt be an issue. I will keep that as my saftey option.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pchandra As your parents are visiting, you can get they a free calling app such as TextNow that can call landline. As long as they have wifi, they can make call anywhere to North America for free. Many places have free wifi nowadays. For only a few days left for your trip with them, you only renew a data plan for yourself in the $10 plan and have an add-on data. You stop your autopay after that and reactive your account when you are back. 

@hairbag1 wrote:

Public Mobile only has 30 day plans currently.

PM still has 90-day plans...

@will13am wrote:

There was suggestion of signing up for the $10 plan.  That may or may not be a good idea as you will lose your current plan which may or may not be available anymore.  Lots to think about, but plan your decision wisely.  Have a safe trip!

If you intend to keep your existing plan when you come back, the best alternative is to pay the extra month now, then suspend your account (Lost/Stolen feature) for up to 90 days after the extra paid month is done.

Keep in mind that if you have any bonus features tied to AutoPay or special rate plan that requires you to maintain payment, those will be lost when you suspend your aaccount. Many of these do not qualify to get back when you reactivate yoru accounts when you return.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pchandra , I know for a fact that Public Mobile cannot extend customer accounts by a select number of days, not even the moderator team can do that.  They have access to 30 or 90 day plan selections like customer do.  They don't have the power to make up new plan durations.  Having said that you mentioned that you will be away for 3 months.  If you leave your accounts in suspension for more than 90 days, the accounts will deactivate.  Of course you never want to cut things so close.  You might be well served to pay for this upcoming renewal and then let the accounts go into suspension.  Upon your return, you will have plenty of time to restore the accounts without fear of crossing the 90 day suspension limit. 

There was suggestion of signing up for the $10 plan.  That may or may not be a good idea as you will lose your current plan which may or may not be available anymore.  Lots to think about, but plan your decision wisely.  Have a safe trip!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pchandra wrote:

My mom and dad visited me in Canada and we have been very happy with Public mobile so far. Here is the unexpected problem.

We originally planned on leaving Canada on 10th of May this month but our flight dates got changed and it went to 14th of May 2019.

I will be gone with them, as well. We won't be back for 3 months and Public mobile won't have any roaming in India.

We have 3 phone numbers with public mobile. I was wondering if you can help me out. Their 2 phone numbers renewal date is 11th of May this month and mine is 13th of may this month.

Is there a way you guys can please help us extend the plans until 14th May so we can save some money. It is totally a waste of money for us to pay a whole month when we won't be here using it.

Please help.

Thank you.

@pchandra Getting an extension is not possible with PM. Please note that if you are away for 90 days without renewing your plans your accounts will get deleted and you will lose your phone numbers. For this reason it might be beneficial in renewing your plan for an additional 30 days or maybe switching to a lower price plan for each account. That way you just have reactivate your plans when you get back without having to start from scratch with new sims, accounts and phone numbers.

Consider this...if your plan isn't paid for 90 days, it gets permantly closed and the phone number is gone for good.

If you are going for 3 months and want to keep your number for your return...you can pay for the 30 days until June 6th.

As long as you renew your plan within 90 days after expiry in June, you can just reactivate when you get back.

@pchandra wrote:

Please help.

Thank you.

Please do not post phone numbers here.  By posting here, you are not speaking to Public Mobile staff or moderators. Anything you post here is viewable by anyone.

As for extending the renewal dates, if service is needed, the plans are going to have to be paid for.  I can say that in the past, Telus Mobility has done extensions for some prepaid customers.  However, since Public Mobile is budget brand, I really don't see it happening here.  You can certainly try, but I wouldn't expect anytihng.  Your only contact point with Public Mobile is through private messaging to the username Moderator_Team.

pchandra

oh sorry, I didnt know. Thanks for that.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@pchandra, this is a public community forum, please don't post personal information.

This may be an option for you for the last few days you are still here. You could all switch to the least expensive plan which is $10. This gives 50 minutes of calls, 50 outgoing texts and free unlimited incoming texts.

And while you are away in India, you can use the lost/stolen phone "trick" to suspend your service for up to 89 days.

Enjoy your trip!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile only has 30 day plans currently.

Need Help? Let's chat.