cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Mayor / Maire

Re: Extended Absence


@mmcgreal wrote:

I was not clear: there is no legal requirement to return to Canada when collecting a pension in a foreign nation. Rather, people return to maintain their medicare coverage. The legal requirement is 6 months residency in Canada to maintain medicare coverage, as I understand it.


This makes mmore sense Smiley Wink

 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Extended Absence

Hi I want to make a payment on an account that i did not use for a while but when i diall *611 on my phone it shows that i do not have access to a network.  How can i make that payment and when i tried to loggin to my account on self serve it does not recognize my email address. Thanks for any assistance

Mayor / Maire

Re: Extended Absence


@zahirkassam86 wrote:

Hi I want to make a payment on an account that i did not use for a while but when i diall *611 on my phone it shows that i do not have access to a network.  How can i make that payment and when i tried to loggin to my account on self serve it does not recognize my email address. Thanks for any assistance


@zahirkassam86

How long is "for a while"?

If it's been longer than 90 days since your last day of service your account has been deleted and your phone number is lost.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Extended Absence

Not 100% shure but more than a 2 months ?

 

If account was deleted do i have to creat a new one and can we check if we can have the same TN.

 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Extended Absence

Another question, while my account on suspend , will the remaining add-ons roll over ?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Extended Absence


@canada168 wrote:

Another question, while my account on suspend , will the remaining add-ons roll over ?


Good quesiton. Since add-ons do not get removed when you place account on hold and since they cannot get used up, it would make sense that they remain until account is closed. But would be good to get confirmation from a @Moderator_Team.

Tags (1)
Oracle

Re: Extended Absence


@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@canada168 wrote:

Another question, while my account on suspend , will the remaining add-ons roll over ?


Good quesiton. Since add-ons do not get removed when you place account on hold and since they cannot get used up, it would make sense that they remain until account is closed. But would be good to get confirmation from a @Moderator_Team.


Yes, it will roll over as long as the plan is renewed within 90 days. 


I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Extended Absence

good to know!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Extended Absence

I am still not really clear on this, I am heading south for the winter for 6 months, my current plan is $50 a month, would I have a balance owing of $150 at the end of the 90 days, or just $50 for the current month at the end of the 90 days.

 

if so then my best option would be to switch to a $10 a month plan and just leave enough of a credit to cover the 90 days at a time so for six months just leave $60 in the account.

 

thanks in advance

Mayor / Maire

Re: Extended Absence


@Colin50 wrote:

I am still not really clear on this, I am heading south for the winter for 6 months, my current plan is $50 a month, would I have a balance owing of $150 at the end of the 90 days, or just $50 for the current month at the end of the 90 days.

 

if so then my best option would be to switch to a $10 a month plan and just leave enough of a credit to cover the 90 days at a time so for six months just leave $60 in the account.

 

thanks in advance


 @Colin50:

Edit: No. The former. But do part of the latter. Change to the $10 plan. Let it suspend for 85 days after the term. Then renew for the $10. There's a month. Let it suspend for another 85 days and you're there.

When your term expires you don't go into any kind of arrears. When you renew you start a new term. But if you have rewards you would need to do the lost/stolen function to suspend your account to not use any of your rewards for renewing on its own. But still staying with the 85 days.

 

But if that plan is a promotional plan or a legacy plan then you won't get it back.