cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Extended Absence

@Luddite yeah, I noticed they took that 10-day option away. 

I still appreciate all the other info you explained here. Not planning to need to use it anytime soon, but it's good to know!

Thanks for following up to be sure I understood you. Smiley Happy

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Luddite thanks for the info!

So just so I'm clear, there's nothing I have to do to put my account into "expiry", right? So in order to hold my number, I just don't pay my bill when its due (say end of July)... wait 90 days (~end of Oct), pay for 30 day texting plan (~end of Dec), wait another 90 days, pay,  wait 30 days etc etc. 

Please let me know if I'm not understanding correctly!

Oracle

@ianc That is correct. DO NOT go past 90 days or your account and number will be deleted. If you have a grandfathered plan you will lose it.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

Thanks for the info Luddite.  I am new here and don't see anything more recent so I will tag onto this conversation if still valid.  I also winter in the south for 6 months each year and am looking for an extended absence option.  This might seem like a silly question but can a person just choose a 90 day plan = $25 with no call, text or data requirements?  I don't mind paying the $25 and doing this twice while away to maintain my account and retain my phone number.  I still have some time before leaving but would like to know my options well in advance of leaving.  Thank you.....

Mayor / Maire

@bplalonde sorry @Luddite hasn't gotten back to you--it's been a little crazy around the community the past several days.  To answer your question, unfortunately no, a no talk, no text, no data plan is not a valid plan and cannot be used to extend your absence. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Understand the busy and no problem with the delay in returning a response....and thank you for for the information.  It is unfortunate there isn't a better option to suspend one's service as the procedure Luddite provided seems more than tedious with no real guarantee of immediate return to service.  The service provider I use in the US does not terminate service for 6 months nor do I loose my number during that time (works great as that is the time I am away).  Although I have liked Public Mobile to date I will have to re-evaluate them as my mobile provider.  At least my previous provider had the option to convert from a monthly plan to a per minute plan which only expired in a year if I put $100 on the account.  I obviously didn't use the phone and when I return I just converted back to the monthly plan and still had the $100 in my account.  Staying with PM while trying to suspend my service the way I thought was possible was going to cost me more money but I was willing to accept that.  Now it's back to looking for a better option.  Thanks again for the response.....

hey there,

I recently left the country having read public mobile's policies on account suspensions and absences.

when I went to check my account today, it showed me this:

IMG_20170911_170654.jpg

it's showing that my account will be deactivated on October 2, which is only 31 days after the plan expired, rather than the 90 that people here have mentioned.

am I understanding this correctly? is there a way to contact public mobile to correct this? thanks in advance!

Mayor / Maire

@briansaccount I'm 97.7773% sure that I remember this being a known bug in the display of the date shown, and that your account will actually be okay for the 90 days, not the 30.  But to be sure, I'd suggest you contact the @Moderator_Team via private message, using this link.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

I remember the glitch also.  90 days is correct.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

One more reason to have me as a loyal customer for PM all day long ..

happy holidays everyone .. 🎉🎊🎖🎁