cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired account

mccans
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What happens if you miss a payment and don't pay? Can you still receive incoming calls?

18 REPLIES 18

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wally1 first of all, you've revived a thread from 3 years ago.  Secondly, you've asked this question in at least 3 place now (I may encounter more).  I replied here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/AutoPay-Glitch-Ramifications/...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wally1 please try not to post the same issue in multiple threads.  Please see my reply to your other one, here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/AutoPay-Glitch-Ramifications/...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Wally1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I added prepaid vouchers to my account more than two weeks ago but instead of applying the funds and renewing my account for another three months, my account is marked with a "Account Expired" message.

The funds are clearly available on my account so why did the auto renew feature not apply them to my account? 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello Chris,

The problems about activating and/or payment occurred a few months ago when Beta invitations were still required to become a customer. It took a couple of weeks, at most, to resolve the last of the problems.

Unfortunately, the problems have reoccurred with the very recent influx of new customers, who do not require Beta invitations.

In effect, their arrival is testing the system to see where and what improvements are necessary. After all, PM is still in Beta, which is synonymous with glitches.

Rest assured that overpayments are treated very seriously by PM, and that every thing, down to the last overpaid cent, will be refunded to you.

Cheers.

brewskybeer
Same thing happened to me. Added $90 to account shortly after it expired. It didn't reactivate my account so added another $20 which did nothing. So I tried *611 and added another $20 which also did nothing. Still shows zero next day and expired. Checked my bank account and 101$ and change was taken from my account by PM automatically on top of the $130 I added the day before. But it still shows zero. I shot off an email to PM yesterday about it... Still waiting on a response. Hopefully its resolved soon. Phones are peoples lifeblood anymore. I'm guessing there is a glitch in the system that sprang up recently.

Chris.

Chicklets
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As @Luddite mentioned, it takes you to 48 hours to respond, a little late but might I suggest that you have auto pay activated which would avoid this happening again. 

@Dirtychoncho It can take up to 48 hours for PM to respond to your email. Be patient, they will respond.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Dirtychoncho

My Account for my son expired on Sept 14. I made a payment Sept 15, and card said didnt work so tried a second, same thing, but both show on payments made statement. I then tried again today and payment went through. Account is still showing as Expired. So not sure if all 3 payments went through of if there's a giltch as funds available are showing as $0. I've emailed and no response..

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Agree with Martin's comment. 

@makkahn28 - let's not respond unless we there is some value to add.

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

As I've said before, if you're not certain, say nothing. Customers want facts, not guesses.

I don't know 100%.

Possibly no, BUT I cannot be certain on that

mbilalbutt

Thanks, would i still earn reward points if my account is in suspended state?

From time account is suspended, you have 90 Days to renew plan

Failure to do so will result in Account Deactivation permanently on 91 day

mbilalbutt

@Martin so how long can you go on with a suspended account before its deleted/expired or whatever. 

I just recevied my sim card, wanna activate it to get my hands on and refer some friends to start getting rewards, but i have 2 more months to go with wind before i can port my number. 

What would you guys suggest! I dont want to actiavte now just to lose it all after a month or so. 

mccans

No problem. Sorry I took so long to respond. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Thank you for the Bravo and Accept as Solution. Much appreciated!

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@mccans, This is not Asia. In Asia you Purchase Airtime Vouchers/Credits and then you Purchase Validity seperatly, so once you used up your Airtime for outgoing calls you are still able to receive unlimited incoming calls as long as your Purchased Validity is Valid.

In Canada (except Wind which lets you receive incoming calls for 10 days) once your Paid 30 days are up everything stops.

Even though you are able to receive unlimited incoming calls as long as you have Validy but most of Asia has no such thing as unlimited outgoing calling where in Canada most of our plans are unlimited calling in or out.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If you miss a payment, your account will be put into suspended status, which means that you will not be able to receive any incoming calls or make outcoming calls, etc.
Need Help? Let's chat.