cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exhausted data

Keithnetic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I am on a 3 month prepay plan and I have exhausted my data. Is there a way possible for me pay sooner or what other options would I have to get my cellular data running again? Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you do decide to ask mods to renew your plan early add the funds to your account via a one time payment. That will make things faster.

Else as mentioned you can check the new plan pricing as it is very reasonable.

TaylorJW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Keith, 

I'm happy to help you with that today.

If you've run out of data and need to get some more, there are a couple of other options that you can handle yourself without asking the mods for help. 

Option 1 - The Data Add-on

In addition to the data included with select Public Mobile plans, they also offer access to add-on data that you can pay for separately. The add-on data costs $10 for 200MB and $30 for 1GB. Please note that the add-on data will be at the same speed as the data on your regular plan (if you have a 3G plan it will be 3G, LTE plans will get LTE). 

The upside to this option is that you don't need to worry about renewing your plan early, you can just grab some extra data separately. Any leftover add-on data after your plan renews will remain indefinitely (until you use it up). Add-on data only starts ticking down after all of your plan data has been used, so it's not bad to have tucked away in case this happens to you again.

Option 2 - Upgrade/Adjust your Plan

I don't know how much data is currently included in your plan, but you could consider making an adjustment to your plan in order to better fit your needs, especially if you think this might happen to you again. I have seen a lot of people around here saying that they have been happier after switching to a 3G plan with a higher data cap than the LTE plan they previously had. The 2.5Mb/s speed is sufficient for browsing and should be fast enough for "good" 720p Youtube streaming, according to Google. 

Alternatively of course if you're on an LTE plan you could bump yourself up to the 6GB tier if you were at 4GB etc. 

Hopefully one of these options is sufficient for your needs.

Regards,

Taylor

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Keithnetic, you can purchase a data addon that you can use until your plan renews.  You can also message a mod and see if they will renew your plan early

You will need to message a MOD for assistance, click on this link Moderator Team
to send a private message .
In your message please include:
* PM account email address
* SIM card number(if available)
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.