cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceeded plan data

smappleb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As a new PM customer, I bought the $15, 250mb plan to see if the SIM card would work with my wireless turbo hub. It does. In the course of configuring the hub for my wireless devices, I exceeded the data allowance of my plan and lost internet access. I went back in to my PM account and paid another $15, assuming internet access would be restored for another 250mb of data, but it wasn't. What can I do?

3 REPLIES 3

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@smappleb hope you have chosen to buy new Data Add-Ons or contacted mod to renew early with the Fund in your My Account.

For your Wireless Turbo Hub, be really careful if you are going to keep using with your PM SIM, it can drain your usage in minutes.  For those devices using the wireless hub, they think it is normal wireless network  and will just download everything as usual (like system update, app update, video, etc).   

One way to help  is to check "metered network" on the devices using this wireless hub.  On those devices, you might want to manually disable automatic apps update, automatic OS update.  Apps like Facebook, you might want to disable video autoplay as well

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Purchasing add-ons are a two step process.  You need to add them and make a payment.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@smappleb wrote:

As a new PM customer, I bought the $15, 250mb plan to see if the SIM card would work with my wireless turbo hub. It does. In the course of configuring the hub for my wireless devices, I exceeded the data allowance of my plan and lost internet access. I went back in to my PM account and paid another $15, assuming internet access would be restored for another 250mb of data, but it wasn't. What can I do?

Hello @smappleb 

It sounds like you added $15 to your account. So does the $15 show up in your Available Funds area in your Self Serve? IF so, that balance just sits there until you use it to buy addons, your plan renews, or you change your plan to a higher $ value one, etc.

If you were trying to buy the 1GB data addon, then you likely completed step 1.

Purchasing an Add-On? Be sure to:
1. Add funds to your account, if you don`t have sufficient funds  

2. Go back to the Add-Ons page and select your Add-On.

But your post mentions 250mb, so perhaps you think you can just renew your whole plan for $15 with 250mb? You can renew the same plan at the same price, but you need Moderator help to do so.

In this case, it sounds like just buying the addon for 1GB would be beneficial for you OR if your needs require it to change your plan to a higher data amount:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

NOTE: if you change plans immediately, you lose out on the funds already paid in your current cycle, as there is no prorating of that paid amount.

Need Help? Let's chat.