cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everytime I pay for any new option, my account glitches, takes my money and gives me nothing.

razorgarcia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Whenever I pay for a new feature ( including my initial setup ) the system takes my money, and nothing works or is applied until I get an admin to manually correct this glitch.

I understand that this is out of my power, but this is a massive problem that affects accounts that are in this " glitched " state and ill assume i'm not the only one ( Maybe I am ). Bug fixing needs to be done to the system / website to repair this? Its very frustrating having to contact the admin team to manually change / force correct something every single time the system glitches when I change something on my account. It's as if I have no privledges to my own account.
I already contacted the admin team, but i'm posting it here aswell wondering if anyone else has to get " admin approval " ( thats what it feels like ) to make any changes on your account. I'm going to USA, I paid for the roaming feature, it took my money once again and gave me no add-on. Now i'm travelling to USA today with a serivce that won't work until its fixed, ( or ill get heavily charged for using something thats in-active however that works ) whichever, and I won't have computer access to play around with customer service when I am there, and I especially won't have a functioning phone if its not fixed. 

5 REPLIES 5

@stonechucker wrote:

Adding to this, @Jeremy_M, I was reading through the KB Article regarding the US addons, and I found this section to be misleading on how to add (any) addon to a subscriber's plan.

---------------

Getting U.S. Roaming is easy!

You can purchase the U.S. roaming Add-Ons by either using your online Self Serve account or the automated phone system.

• Self Serve account: You will be able to purchase the Add-On in your Self Serve account at publicmobile.ca. After logging in, just select the U.S. roaming Add-On you want, make the payment, and then it will be ready to use.

-----------------

Can we update this KB Article to instruct subscribers to add the required funds to their account PRIOR to adding the US Addon, OR tell them to go back to add the addon after payment?  Reading what I see above, I'd be expecting the addon to already be added.

Just a thought -- it may help subscriber experience.

@stonechucker Great suggestion, and great catch! I will edit the wiki and also I'm working on adding verbiage in the Self Serve portal that addresses the process of purchasing add-ons.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Adding to this, @Jeremy_M, I was reading through the KB Article regarding the US addons, and I found this section to be misleading on how to add (any) addon to a subscriber's plan.

---------------

Getting U.S. Roaming is easy!

You can purchase the U.S. roaming Add-Ons by either using your online Self Serve account or the automated phone system.

• Self Serve account: You will be able to purchase the Add-On in your Self Serve account at publicmobile.ca. After logging in, just select the U.S. roaming Add-On you want, make the payment, and then it will be ready to use.

-----------------

Can we update this KB Article to instruct subscribers to add the required funds to their account PRIOR to adding the US Addon, OR tell them to go back to add the addon after payment?  Reading what I see above, I'd be expecting the addon to already be added.

Just a thought -- it may help subscriber experience.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@razorgarcia, as buggy as the self serve system may be, the majority of customers don't have any issues.  If you are finding that you are having problems everytime, there may be an element of user error involved.  Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Unfortunately, when you say the addon needs to be added twice, you're not really giving the full story.

Public Mobile's system works on the idea that funds should be in the 'available balance' first, so that you can add the desired addon afterwards, without a hiccup.

By clicking on the addon first, PM's system sends you to add your funds via credit card / voucher, and once paid it, you think great, I'm good to go.  However, you're not, you've only added your funds.

Now, you need to go back to the addons, and select the addon that you've now paid for.  Voila!  You're set to go.

It is best to get into the habit of adding the funds first so you don't forget in the future that the system will send you to pay first, and then not apply the addon.

I like to think this.  As I know Public Mobile is a pre-paid system.... I need to pre-load my balance, to get the addon.

I hope this helps you, and everyone else!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Not sure if this is your issue but addons need to be added twice. the first time it takes payment and the second time actually adds the service.  but from our message it souded as it might be soemthing a little different

also you shoudl be able to add teh addon while in the USA either by going to starbucks and using wifi on your phone (assuming smartphone) or calling  1-855-4PUBLIC,  (611)

info found here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Learn-all-about-US-Roaming/ta-p/75772

Need Help? Let's chat.