cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when adding a credit card for autopay

BronwynMaye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got a new credit card (old one expired) and so I deleted my old credit card off my autopay account, and have tried to enter my new card. I get an error message everytime. My next payment is due on June 26th and unless I can find a way for Public Mobile to take my money, I'm concerned that my service will be shut off.

Here's the error message:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

I have tried all of the following without success

• Double checking my credit card information
  • Using incognito mode
  • Using the apartment number box and then not using the apartment number box
  • Entering my postal code with a space and without a space

Can anyone help?

9 REPLIES 9

TennehF613
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had this problem adding a Visa Debit.
What helped was using a different brower in Incognito mode. 

I used Chrome.
If you don't know how to get Incognito....
1. Right click on the chrome button

2. Select New Incognito window.

I will appear with a black background. 

Hope this helps

@BronwynMaye wrote:

Thanks for your help with the link to DM the moderators -- I've just done that and I'm hoping they'll be able to help.

@BronwynMaye  My understanding is that PM recently implemented these new security controls and unfortunately  the this is causing the lock issue for some customers. Hopefully they can fix it so that customers can easily update their cc info.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BronwynMaye wrote:

I appreciate you responding so quickly to my call for help but it seems a bit absurd that buying a Public Mobile giftcard or opening a second credit card account would be the right solution.

I know it's not the ideal solution - I just thought I'd put up those other options since it seemed like you were concerned about losing service on the 26th if you couldn't get this sorted in time. Obviously I wouldn't be advocating that you apply for a new credit card just to pay for your phone, but buying a voucher or using a secondary card if you already had one may be ways to help insure you don't lose service if it comes right down to it.

Either way, I hope that this can be solved for you long before that becomes an issue!

BronwynMaye

Thanks for your help with the link to DM the moderators -- I've just done that and I'm hoping they'll be able to help.

BronwynMaye

I appreciate you responding so quickly to my call for help but it seems a bit absurd that buying a Public Mobile giftcard or opening a second credit card account would be the right solution.

BronwynMaye

Oh trust me, I tried like 5 times to replace the card info first. I only resorted to deleting the current card and adding a new card when I read that as a solution offered by Drunkman.

Thanks for your help with the link to DM the moderators -- I've just done that and I'm hoping they'll be able to help!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BronwynMaye wrote:

I just got a new credit card (old one expired) and so I deleted my old credit card off my autopay account, and have tried to enter my new card. I get an error message everytime. My next payment is due on June 26th and unless I can find a way for Public Mobile to take my money, I'm concerned that my service will be shut off.

Here's the error message:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

I have tried all of the following without success

• Double checking my credit card information
  • Using incognito mode
  • Using the apartment number box and then not using the apartment number box
  • Entering my postal code with a space and without a space

Can anyone help?

@BronwynMaye  It would have been better to choose the replace card option instead of deleting and the adding your cc. When trying too many times a security lock gets triggered and must be cleared by a PM moderator. Best at this point to notify them and ask them to add it fit you.To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you have another credit card that you could try? If not, you might have to buy a Public Mobile voucher to top up the account until you can get your credit card to work.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@BronwynMaye 

Trying a different web browser, clearing cache.

Give some time inbetween attempts.

Leave the last letter of your postal code off.  

If that still does not help, you may need to contact moderator.  Since your due date is June 26, there is enough time for moderator to help (usually 1-2 day wait)

Send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.