cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entered in public mobile pin for voucher incorrectly too many times now I can’t add new vouchers

Drkh2o
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

21 REPLIES 21

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@barndoor 

With some effort you can have a $0 bill.....I can't really complain when I pay nothing for my service now can I?

LOL ... I think that is a little bit like getting a free pony . .It's only free for the instant of the transaction ... as soon as it starts eating  it's costing you money . 😄

But I know what you mean . 

@barndoor 

I have a $15 and the grandfathered $10 50/50 plan. If I were to guess I would say between those 2 plans at least 35%. Its the cheap low usage plans combined with rewards that keeps pm customers loyal and willing to put up with glitches when with no effort at all after 5 years you can have a $3 or $7 phone bill. With some effort you can have a $0 bill.....I can't really complain when I pay nothing for my service now can I?

barndoor

@darlicious 

So that means you must have a couple of the $15 accounts  ... any guesses what percentage of the population here  has that account ? 

@barndoor 

When I did have pay for my services I always topped up manually to avoid any chance of an autopay failure. Now one account's balance grows every month and the other account's diminishes a little every month. In another few months they will be even and I will consider when to switch my community reward to the other account. But I have officially earned more rewards now than paid out for pm services. Two accounts, 20 and 21 months each....total rewards earned=$522

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : No. Autopay can only be toggled on by registering a payment card.

But you can actually pay by other means and still get the autopay extras having done so even though you don't hit the payment card at all.

barndoor

@darlicious 

Yes, I get the autopay extras .  From what you're saying, it sounds like as long as you maintain a balance in your account  sufficient to cover the next months bill  you're on autopay . 😄

@Anonymous 

There is no handicapping in hockey! 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

And I'm on mobile at the moment 🙂

@barndoor 

Are you still registered for autopay? You can still get the $2 reward and just pay with vouchers. I have a now expired kelloggs visa gift card on my account for the autopay reward.

Are you in western Canada? If you are you can join the LD extras program and buy $10 vouchers at London Drugs. Every 10 visits (10×$10 pm vouchers) earns you a $5 coupon redeemable on pm vouchers which earns you another "visit". You also get a $5 coupon on your birthday!

London Drugs pm vouchers are also immediately loadable onto your account via 611.

Edit: double ninja'd by @Anonymous today! Can you make it a hat trick?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : You can get the free 2 bucks and any autopay bonuses using a spent out prepaid "credit" card gift card. Continue paying with a voucher and get the free stuff.

barndoor

@darlicious 

Go ahead please .  May want mention to that just folding a voucher in the wrong place can distort the print  .... can you tell I been there ? 😃

barndoor

@dabr 

To each their own  ...my previous company gave us a 10% bonus for using a 100 voucher top up 

I'd rather use a $100 voucher than a credit card with a $500 limit . 😁

@barndoor 

You should post that useful tidbit in tne voucher catalogue....I could do it myself but I'd rather the credit goes to the deserving member!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

@barndoor wrote:

@dabr 

If you are using vouchers be sure you can read the pin clearly before you leave the store . Can save a bunch of grief.

@barndoor   That's good advice and I can guess if the store's printer is low on ink, the voucher may not show all the PIN digits clearly.   Certainly could lead to some frustration.   TBH I don't use vouchers personally (except for once) as I find the CC is simpler for my needs, but a good reminder for anyone.  Thanks.

barndoor

@dabr 

If you are using vouchers be sure you can read the pin clearly before you leave the store . Can save a bunch of grief.

@dabr 

That goes for all payments....credit cards as well. I figured that out trying to top up an account with $5 kelloggs visa gift cards.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

The self serve account allows for two attempted ( or successful payments) before locking out for one hour.

@darlicious   Only two attempts before being locked out?  That seems a little on the low side...I would have thought at least three.  Good to know should I need to ever use vouchers, if I remember that is!

@computergeek541 

The self serve account allows for two attempted ( or successful payments) before locking out for one hour.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Drkh2o ,

Were you able to be successful after some time has passed (either through Self or by calling 611)?

Pay With A Payment Voucher

1. Press 1 from the main menu.
  2. Press 1 to select payment via voucher.
  3. Enter the 12 digit pin from your payment voucher. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. Below is an example, so you know what to look for:

esjliv_0-1619516666067.png

@Drkh2o 

I believe that this lockout is to prevent someone from try go guess a valid voucher code or prevent someone from using a computer to figure out a code that works.  These types of lockouts usually reset over some amount of time. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Drkh2o    How did you try to load your voucher?  If in the self serve, then try dialing 611 and enter the 12 digit PIN number, making sure it's the correct 12 digit set of numbers, of course.

Need Help? Let's chat.