cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending service one week after renewing plan

maryisk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a better offer for a phone plan, but my public mobile plan renewed 3 days ago. If I port my number over, any chance I would get any money back?

10 REPLIES 10

Reynolds10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there!

Unfortunately not. Are you able to take advantage of your new offer when you're nearing the end of your 30 days with Public Mobile? That would be your best bet. 

However, if you do port your number over, I would imagine you're out that money you paid for the month with Public Mobile.

Stay safe!

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@maryisk ....Nope, PM is prepaid. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@maryisk 

If the offer you have is time sensitive you could verify if you can port your number later, accept the offer the last minute with the temporary number and port the number out once you used up your data or minutes here (or couple of days before your cycle is done here)

@maryisk 

But there IS an easy way to avoid losing any $$. Port to the new provider about 2 days before your 30 days will be up here. Dont leave it to the very last minute as your service needs to be working here in order to port your existing number elsewhere. Any delay in that happening might mean your plan here expires or renews for another 30 days.

AE_Collector

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

"Zilch." "Nada." "Negative"...just to make sure we get all the main flavours of the same answer in. 😉

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@maryisk wrote:

I got a better offer for a phone plan, but my public mobile plan renewed 3 days ago. If I port my number over, any chance I would get any money back?

@maryisk Absolutely zero.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

No @maryisk you will not get your money back. PM is prepaid there are no refunds. Remove your autopay credit card before porting. The port will close your Public Mobile account once its completed. To port from PM you need  to give your new provider

1. Number to port

2. Name on accounts.

3. One of imei number, account number or pin.

Stay safe.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@maryisk wrote:

Nope

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@maryisk 

Unfortunately, not.  PM does not pro-rate plans since prepaid.  If you leave early, you lose whatever is remaining in your plan.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maryisk wrote:

No.

Need Help? Let's chat.