cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early renewal

BL2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I upgrade from $35 to $40 in half way of the period, may I get the money back of the rest time of the month?

Edit: created new topic as post was in a different thread, changed title from community rewards.

12 REPLIES 12

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BL2019 wrote:

If I upgrade from $35 to $40 in half way of the period, may I get the money back of the rest time of the month?

Edit: created new topic as post was in a different thread, changed title from community rewards.

@BL2019 wrote:

No, public mobile is a pay as you go monthly plan,you set up your plan when your bill date is.choose the plan you want when your new monthly plan starts and you are good to go,balance credit or monies cannot be carried over on pay as you go monthly plans. I hope this answers your questions, Cheers

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No, public mobile is a pay as you go monthly plan,you set up your plan when your bill date is.choose the plan you want when your new monthly plan starts and you are good to go,balance credit or monies cannot be carried over on pay as you go monthly plans. I hope this answers your questions, Cheers

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

I believe this is intended to cover future dated plan changes.  No matter how your slice it, if your are on a 30 day plan, you get $1 for each referral every 30 days.  If you renew twice in a 30 day interval, how does it make sense to collect $2 for each referral on that particular 30 days.  If this is how it works, I want to renew twice each and every interval.  I will get a lot of heavily subsidized data.  

I am pretty sure it refers to early plan changes not future changes. If that statement was for future dated renewals than it would not be needed.

From experience mods have credited my rewards for an early renewal when asked, after the 24 hour period.  I think the reasoning  is because you are paying for a plan, and forefitting the remainder of the old plan. I am of course theorising...

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am  I believe rewards should be applied on early renewals based on this statement:

• If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

I believe this is intended to cover future dated plan changes.  No matter how your slice it, if your are on a 30 day plan, you get $1 for each referral every 30 days.  If you renew twice in a 30 day interval, how does it make sense to collect $2 for each referral on that particular 30 days.  If this is how it works, I want to renew twice each and every interval.  I will get a lot of heavily subsidized data.  

I find this @will13am ...BF213E5D-DED2-4690-A0B9-EE9267C1BB97.png

So the word which is employed is rewards...???? 

mimmo

@will13am  I believe rewards should be applied on early renewals based on this statement:

• If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

Thank you for your correction @will13am...that's my english which are not perfect...Smiley Frustrated I correct my message now!!!!

@Lieux wrote:

But you will @BL2019 keep your rewards ...if you have some...

This is incorrect.  Rewards are generally issues on routine renewals, but never for early renewals.  Think about it, the rewards are time based.   For each renewal period be it 30 or 90 days, rewards are issued for each of the eligible categories.  If a customer were to decide to renew twice within their normal renewal period, how does it make seems that they are rewarded twice?  Don't misinterpret reward with discount.  

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

But you will @BL2019 keep your discounts ...if you have some...

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

If you chose to change plans immediatly then you lose any funds/data, ect from your old plan. To not lose anything you would need to choose to auto change your plan on your renewal date.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Exactly as the previous poster said, future date the change. I did this recently and it worked well. With prepaid, there's no prorating of a bill if you make a change midway through service.

mimmo

No you do not get any money back. Simply future date the renewal to happen on your next renewsl

Need Help? Let's chat.