cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early renewal request: Ran out of data, made payment, plan renews in 2 weeks :/

jk1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I ran out of data about a week ago. I just made a payment for my plan ($120/90 days), however my renewal date is on August 6th, which is almost 2 weeks from now. I was wondering if any moderator would be able to renew my plan early, as I don't want to be waiting 2 weeks for my plan to renew. It's getting pretty difficult to do the simple things when I don't have any data left. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10

jk1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would hope so. At this point I just want to get this issue sorted out. I send the mods a PM a few hours ago but still haven't hear back. Fingers crossed

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I would assume that since you have completed the majority of your plan that the rewards would still be honoured?

@brent_liza wrote:

My auto pay was still active on the account. I did receive the 2$ off per month for auto pay. My community rewards were not there as it was not the time that they were given. I didn't have a refer a friend at that time. I do have two refer a friends now. I can only answer for the auto pay portion. 

Thanks.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My auto pay was still active on the account. I did receive the 2$ off per month for auto pay. My community rewards were not there as it was not the time that they were given. I didn't have a refer a friend at that time. I do have two refer a friends now. I can only answer for the auto pay portion. 

@brent_liza wrote:

I have done this a couple of times. They will let you. I had four days left with no data and needed the data.

Hi. When you did the early renewal did you notice what happened to your rewards? Lost, added to next renewal, applied the early renewal, ...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have done this a couple of times. They will let you. I had four days left with no data and needed the data.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@jk1, not sure which $120 plan you're on, there's been a bunch of them since I've started here, but if you're on the fall promo from 2016, the current $40/4.5 GB/30-day plan is the same cost you're currently paying for 90 days.

It's 3G 'speed' throttled 4G/TE data, a little more to consume in 30 days, with Canada-wide calling, and international texting.  As you've already topped up, you'd just need to change your plan with the option to 'renew now', rather than on next renewal.

Might be a win for you 🙂

@austinhuang wrote:

I highly doubt ANY provider will give you an option to renew early.

If you need data add-ons to keep your phone going, dial *611.

Public Mobile isn't ANY provider and they do allow the option to renew early.  If you think about it why wouldn't they.  They already have your money for 90 days if you want to pay for another 90 days on day 70 that is just more money in their pockets.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jk1 wrote:

Hi, I ran out of data about a week ago. I just made a payment for my plan ($120/90 days), however my renewal date is on August 6th, which is almost 2 weeks from now. I was wondering if any moderator would be able to renew my plan early, as I don't want to be waiting 2 weeks for my plan to renew. It's getting pretty difficult to do the simple things when I don't have any data left. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

You will need to private message the moderators for this request.   A link to message them is in my signature.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I highly doubt ANY provider will give you an option to renew early.

If you need data add-ons to keep your phone going, dial *611.

Need Help? Let's chat.