cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due date Dec 30 ... showing plan expired ... Why ?

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have auto-pay, plus a credit on file.  Why is my account showing expired when the due date is tomorrow ?

This is my first month, so I'm not sure if this is common practice as it doesn't make sense.Screenshot_20191229-220029.png

9 REPLIES 9

Dolphin1

@darlicious thank you for explaining this, however this was not the case with my account.  My account was up for renewal last night and being a new user I did not know it showed expired the evening before renewal.  This was explained in an earlier post and this morning the payments went through, so all is good with my account.

Thank you to everyone who assisted with this inquiry.

@darlicious wrote:

@Dolphin1  @computergeek541 @Anonymous  I mentioned this in a post earlier today...that the date in the overview page is now incorrect. I believe @popping first noticed this about 6 weeks ago. My suggestion is to go by the date in the rewards section. "Your new cycle starts on 01/01/01" date. Its the same date as the overview page but the correct wording. Members can then remember to pay by 11:59pm et. the day before.

@Dolphin1  @computergeek541 @Anonymous  I mentioned this in a post earlier today...that the date in the overview page is now incorrect. I believe @popping first noticed this about 6 weeks ago. My suggestion is to go by the date in the rewards section. "Your new cycle starts on 01/01/01" date. Its the same date as the overview page but the correct wording. Members can then remember to pay by 11:59pm et. the day before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dolphin1 wrote:

The text said to disregard if I have auto-pay but then when I logged into my account it shows expired.  I read your post and it seems like an odd practice but seems to work.  I will check my account tomorrow and see what it says.

Yup. Completely normal. As long as your services are still working you're good.

The date thing is a recent change they made. Who knows why. I wrote a whole long thing to them about it. Crickets. Unchanged.

So the date showing is your new term. But they really actually want to be paid the evening/night of "before" that date.

Dolphin1

Thank you so much @geopublic for explaining this to me.  I will check it tomorrow to ensure all is ok with the renewal.

Dolphin1

The text said to disregard if I have auto-pay but then when I logged into my account it shows expired.  I read your post and it seems like an odd practice but seems to work.  I will check my account tomorrow and see what it says.

@Dolphin1 wrote:

I have auto-pay, plus a credit on file.  Why is my account showing expired when the due date is tomorrow ?

This is my first month, so I'm not sure if this is common practice as it doesn't make sense.Screenshot_20191229-220029.png

I'll add something to how people have said to ignore any such messages if your service is still working and have enough account balance or you have autopay enabled.

Some time in recent history, Public Mobile changed the date that is displayed there. Your new plan actually starts on December 30th. That part about needing to pay by 11:59pm is an error. Payment needs to be done tonight (if you don't have autopay) before the system decides to make an attempt at renewing your plan some time in the middle of the night.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

This is normal. It happens at every renewal. Just leave it alone and your account will renew by morning. Expired and Suspended will show every renewal day.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1 If your plan was up for renewal and your phone is still working you can ignore this message. The temporary plan suspension although confusing is a normal part of Public Mobile's renewal process and in many ways it's best to simply not monitor the account during the renewal process.

If you are not familiar with the Public Mobile renewal process the temporary suspended status could easily cause concern and panic and and cause the customer to take uncecessary actions (Making onetime payments) that ofter result in account suspension possibly requiring moderator intervention and uncessary downtime.

The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. In the early hours, if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AP credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It's a system message. If your phone works don't worry. It should say if you are on auto pay ignore this message.

This is a good read:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

Need Help? Let's chat.