cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double dipping by Telus/Public Mobile

alhaha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is from another post to bring awareness to this issue to other forum users:

Re: I switched plans before auto-payment date. Seems like I've been overcharged.
It would be helpful if they posted a warning stating that there is no refund for a partial month. Without that warning, I'm tempted to think that what theyre doing contravenes consumer protection laws.

thank you for Arthur C for bringing this up. This seems disingenous on Public Mobile's part. If you are offering a new deal to your customers, you should allow your customers to switch over to the new plan. I am paying 25$ per month just a week or two ago and now I am being asked to cough up another 25$ in order to take advantage of the new deal. Even if it is not illegal, this is plain wrong and terrible customer service. Would somebody rectify this?

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@alhaha wrote:

This is from another post to bring awareness to this issue to other forum users:

Re: I switched plans before auto-payment date. Seems like I've been overcharged.
It would be helpful if they posted a warning stating that there is no refund for a partial month. Without that warning, I'm tempted to think that what theyre doing contravenes consumer protection laws.

thank you for Arthur C for bringing this up. This seems disingenous on Public Mobile's part. If you are offering a new deal to your customers, you should allow your customers to switch over to the new plan. I am paying 25$ per month just a week or two ago and now I am being asked to cough up another 25$ in order to take advantage of the new deal. Even if it is not illegal, this is plain wrong and terrible customer service. Would somebody rectify this?

@alhaha there is actually a warning in red that comes up and gives you a chance to not go through with it.  The warning looks pretty clear to me.  Please see it here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/I-switched-plans-before-auto-...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Rubyponam wrote:

What

1235.PNG

@Rubyponam wrote:

What

To "close" your account  log into My Account. Click on Payment. Click on Manage Autopay. Delete you credit card information. Log out and you're done. Good luck wherever you go from here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rubyponam wrote:

What

This really wasn't the right kind of service for you if you need this much instruction on *leaving* the service.

In self serve top menu click on Payment.

Lower down click on a little line of orange text that says Manage my card.

Opens another page. Click on another little line of orange text that says Remove this credit card.

That will also remove autopay.

Rubyponam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rubyponam wrote:

I have autopay how to remove my credit card

There are little orange lines of text that don't exactly jump out at you in the payment area.

Rubyponam

I have autopay how to remove my credit card

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rubyponam wrote:

I want to cancel my account 

While officially in the terms of service there is mention of asking to cancel service but it's silent on refunds.

The above mentioned method is the easiest. Just keep using the service until it runs out and walk away. You lose your number and any Available Funds (if not enough to renew) after 90 days.

You can trigger a cancel by porting your number out to another provider.

@Rubyponam wrote:

There's no such thing as cancelling an account. You just stop paying by letting the account expire by not applying payments and by deleting any credit cards/disabling autopay from the Public Mobile self-serve account.

Rubyponam

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@alhaha What new deal? Anyway, you can elect to take the new PM deal on your next renewal and lose nothing.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@alhaha wrote:

There is a warning in red font stating you will lose any remaining portion of your current prepaid service you do an immediate plan change

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.