cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charged

WATSAA1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it common to be double charged? It wasn’t on auto pay. I clicked submit, got timed out from

Page. And then double charged. I’m a single father of 3 and they can sure take my money right away but cannot issue a refund for “14-20 days” 

has anyone else dealt with this? I’m thinking about going back to one of the big service providers. These little guys don’t care about their customers. 

9 REPLIES 9

@Cumar 

If the extra charge is in your balance in your account that's exactly what will happen. The payment system will always pull your plan amount from your applied rewards first, then your from your balance and finally will charge the autopay card last if there is any remaining amount owing.

Cumar

Dear Sir/Madam

they charged me twice and I would like to use next renewal on July 9/21…

Thanks

@WATSAA1 

Well that's unfortunate. When you intend to make changes in your account ( like payments) do you....

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only using secret/incognito mode.
  4. Use firefox, chrome or safari.

This will help avoid error messages and weird stuff from happening.

WATSAA1

Yea well I’ve had nothing but problems with public. Never with the actual Telus. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WATSAA1 : Do you in fact show the extra money in your Available Funds? Perhaps it's a still-pending charge at the card end.

You could save an extra $2 if you register a payment card. That could be a prepaid card or even a prepaid "credit" card gift card. Then continue how you're paying now.

Edit: this place belongs to Telus. It's not some "little guy".

@WATSAA1 

In your case, best to open the ticket  with mod quickly and hope they can get the refund process as soon as possible.

Hey,  you might want to setup Autopay to save another $2.   With Autopay, you don't have to worry manual payment and can also eliminate situation like this. 

WATSAA1

I’m a single father of 3 on a budget. Can’t afford for things like this to happen. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@WATSAA1  Unfortunately this happen.  It's more to do with web server issue.  The backend was processed but the front end fails to show the result.

Yes, if you proceed for a refund, it can take couple days or 2 weeks.  If you are cool with leaving the money as "Available Fund" on My Account, PM will then take the money from there in the next cycle, i.e,  you don't have to manually pay then.

It's your choice, should you want to proceed with a refund, you can open a ticket with mod, explain your situation and hopefully they can process it as early as they can:

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@WATSAA1 was your credit  card charged twice? If so, then the extra  payment should be showing in your Available  Funds area.

Yeah it sucks to pay twice. But that extra Funds will just be used on your next renewal  anyway.  So can't it stay  there until then?

Need Help? Let's chat.