cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charged

Rkless
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried to top up my account 50 dollars and it double charged me 2x payments of 50 dollars. I want one refunded.

8 REPLIES 8

@BeachNBeer wrote:

@LurganIeUk or people could do a manual top up when they get the reminder text from 611 a few days before payment is due.

It’s been here for longer than I. I just documented it. 

I agree, it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that someone was actually double charged unless they somehow did select a top up amount twice. Much more likely to be a test that the card could be successfully billed and then the transaction was done which provided the top up and the “test” will disappear from the credit card. And finally, purchasing top up funds ISN’T paying for your next month, it is just adding funds that will be used to pay your next month. So there is no way you will pay twice for your next 30 days, worst case you have topped up with enough to cover next month as well.

AE_Collector

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LurganIeUk 

Wow. That is a really cool trick. When was this found out? Haft to me sometime between when I left and came back 

BeachNBeer

@LurganIeUk or people could do a manual top up when they get the reminder text from 611 a few days before payment is due.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Rkless please check your self service or call 611 to see if there is in fact an extra payment there. Sometimes there is a pending charge in your credit card online acccount that disappears overnight.

If you have in fact been charged twice. PM is a prepaid service there are no refunds. You can try contacting the moderators and ask them for one. But since it takes approximately 1 month to get it. It's better to leave it to pay for your next 30 day cycle renewal date.  Stay safe. 

Why not start the hybrid auto pay program.....you are half way there. 

Try this hybrid customer developed auto-pay system. It works!

For your future use and thought. Since we all depend on our mobile devices we need to have reliable service so here is a method to insure yourself to avoid the insufficient funds situation. 

Manually pay 30 days ahead. Leave auto pay in place (just in case) as that alone gives you $2 off and if it is NOT used you will still get the $2 off. Then when you receive your text that your account has been paid, that then becomes your reminder to prepay again. Depending on the accumulation of any earned (vs expected) credits you may occasionally downward adjust the amount you prepay. Do a screen print of your text and treat it like a bill to pay. 

PS. This would also ensure that if you had to wait for a voucher to be valid that anxiety won’t set in as you will have time to wait it out before your next 30 day term payment is due.

Copyright 2020

BeachNBeer

Is the second amount in your available funds? If yes, then I'd suggest leaving it in the account for a future payment as it could take a few weeks to be issued a refund. 

You'll have to speak to moderators for assistance as the other posts suggested.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Rkless You need to contact mods for this. 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.