cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charged

sohosynergy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I reactivated my account today and I see double charges of 28.25 (25.00 +tax) taken out of my account when there should have only been one charge of 28.25

7 REPLIES 7

@AE_Collector  My Visa shows "Authorized Transactions" and "Posted Transactions. I only concern myself with the posted transactions as those are the ones that show up in / affect my balance. I keep an eye on the others to make sure they clear. An explanation from my bank is below: (note the line in between red arrows, this would make appear that I was charged twice)

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 4.47.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-05 at 4.47.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-05 at 4.46.48 PM.png 

@gblackma 

Yes I agree with that. It seems like a test that funds can be collected from the account and then the actual charge goes through and the test disappears soon after. I don't know what the scenario is exactly.... a credit card that PM (or any other retailer) Hasn’t charged to in awhile or something else. Easiest thing to do is give it a day or two and check again.

AE_Collector

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@sohosynergy  sometimes theres a pending and an actual charge for the same amount. The pending charge usualls disappears at days end. I notice this when I pay for something and check my  credit card account immediately online. Please check again again now. Welcome to PM. Stay safe..

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Log into your self serve account. Is there an available balance there for the additional charge?

If yes, I suggest you leave it in there to cover you next 30 day payment as it could take weeks to be issued a refund.

If no you will have to contact moderators via the question mark.

Also ensure its an actual double charge and not a pending authorisation. When you do a transaction on a credit card it goes to pending authorisation. Then charges you and the pending authorisation drops of after a few days.

To reach moderators click the question mark bottom right.

Simon.JPG

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Check your credit card statement or bank account see if it is really charged twice.

shaker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It will show the extra amount as Available funds.

You can ignore it , if you can.

If you cannot, Create a Ticket using Virtual Assistant, Simon.

And report the matter to The Moderator Team below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sohosynergy wrote:

I reactivated my account today and I see double charges of 28.25 (25.00 +tax) taken out of my account when there should have only been one charge of 28.25

What exactly did you do to reactivate? What is the balance in your Available Funds now?

The other charge might also be a Pending charge on your payment card that would get reversed soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.