cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charged

hasanen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I recently set my auto payed plan to automatically switch over from the $32 plan to the $40 plan on July 7. I now see on my credit card that I was charged twice, on July 7 and on July 8. I was charged $40 + tax on July 7, and $32 + tax on July 8.

Can someone please explain why I was charged twice? Shouldn't I have been charged $32 on July 7, then my plan automatically switched over to the $40 plan, and I get charged $40 after 1 month on the plan? On the other hand, if Public Mobile charges at the beginning of the billing period rather than at the end, I would understand being charged the $40 now, but why was I also charged the $32?

Thank you. 

13 REPLIES 13

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello!

For any problem regarding your account, please access Public Mobile website to create a ticket using our virtual assistant SIMon to get in touch with a moderator. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Happy holidays!

joezhoupublic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I went to Walmart on Nov. 25, to register for $25/30 day plan, and used my master card to pay. The system was so slow that it appeared the first try did not go through. I was asked to swipe my credit card the second time. When I received my bill month, it was paid twice on Nov. 25. Please help me to solve the problem. 

Thank you very mcuh for your help.

Regards,

Joe

Jums
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having this same problems , can anyone pls help me out ? I was charged twice 

hasanen

I am not sure how it happened. I am in touch with the moderators now and we will see if they can figure it out.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

sometimes i wonder how these glitch keeps occuring when it is automated. 

@MoreYummy wrote:

@SD08 I know what is his account problem is.  I am asking how it happened, or perhaps moderator can tell.

It's a quirk that appears now and then. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think there were quite a few billing change issues around this time period, as my updated plan request didn't go through either, and then had to be manually adjusted by the Mod team afterwards. 

@SD08 I know what is his account problem is.  I am asking how it happened, or perhaps moderator can tell.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MoreYummy wrote:

@hasanen  Can you tell us what is the problem?

@MoreYummy

The OP has already described their problem: they were double billed.

They've already contacted the moderators.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

@hasanen  Can you tell us what is the problem?

xcelone

@hasanen wrote:

Thank you. 

I've sent a message to the mods. Hopefully they can fix this. 

Hope you get this resolved. 

hasanen

Thank you. 

I've sent a message to the mods. Hopefully they can fix this. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Actually, you should have been charged $40+tax only on Jul 7 and the plan switched.  PM is a PREpaid service only and the billing occurs before usage.  Looks like a billing error.  You should get in touch with the moderators to fix this.  Also, look at your plan in your account to verify that they gave you the correct package going forward.

Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your phone number, e-mail address and PIN. 
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.