cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Double charged

Hello, 

I recently set my auto payed plan to automatically switch over from the $32 plan to the $40 plan on July 7. I now see on my credit card that I was charged twice, on July 7 and on July 8. I was charged $40 + tax on July 7, and $32 + tax on July 8.

Can someone please explain why I was charged twice? Shouldn't I have been charged $32 on July 7, then my plan automatically switched over to the $40 plan, and I get charged $40 after 1 month on the plan? On the other hand, if Public Mobile charges at the beginning of the billing period rather than at the end, I would understand being charged the $40 now, but why was I also charged the $32?

Thank you. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Double charged

Actually, you should have been charged $40+tax only on Jul 7 and the plan switched.  PM is a PREpaid service only and the billing occurs before usage.  Looks like a billing error.  You should get in touch with the moderators to fix this.  Also, look at your plan in your account to verify that they gave you the correct package going forward.

Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your phone number, e-mail address and PIN. 
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Actually, you should have been charged $40+tax only on Jul 7 and the plan switched.  PM is a PREpaid service only and the billing occurs before usage.  Looks like a billing error.  You should get in touch with the moderators to fix this.  Also, look at your plan in your account to verify that they gave you the correct package going forward.

Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your phone number, e-mail address and PIN. 
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you. 

I've sent a message to the mods. Hopefully they can fix this. 

Highlighted

@hasanen wrote:

Thank you. 

I've sent a message to the mods. Hopefully they can fix this. 

Hope you get this resolved. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@hasanen  Can you tell us what is the problem?

Highlighted

@MoreYummy wrote:

@hasanen  Can you tell us what is the problem?

@MoreYummy

The OP has already described their problem: they were double billed.

They've already contacted the moderators.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@SD08 I know what is his account problem is.  I am asking how it happened, or perhaps moderator can tell.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think there were quite a few billing change issues around this time period, as my updated plan request didn't go through either, and then had to be manually adjusted by the Mod team afterwards. 

Highlighted
Oracle

@MoreYummy wrote:

@SD08 I know what is his account problem is.  I am asking how it happened, or perhaps moderator can tell.

It's a quirk that appears now and then. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

sometimes i wonder how these glitch keeps occuring when it is automated. 

Need Help? Let's chat.