cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charged - Moderator Needed

Matt82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched credit cards for my auto-pay, but have now been charged to my old CC and also to the new CC I added. Need this refunded ASAP. 

17 REPLIES 17

hamaida
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawrenYes the conacted me today and they asked me for pin number for both accounts to check why they used 1 credit card. I am waiting there reply.

Thx

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hamaida have you heard back yet?  I sure hope so!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@hamaida fair enough.  How long ago did you send the private message?  I know they were VERY backlogged through most of the week due to system issues last weekend causing havoc for several customers.  Hopefully they will respond soon.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hamaida

@srlawrenBoth accounts with different credit card number! its PM mistake that they charged me from 1 credit card for both accounts!!
How I dont know?!
plus they did not reply to my private message why that happened!!

I know thats they are different credit cars!! plus I just double-check as you asked me and I am confirmed that they are different credit cards

srlawren

@hamaida wrote:

I have 2 accounts with PM each account with different E mail and different credit card, how come they charge me for both accounts from 1 credit card?

I am not happy 😞

@hamaida I'm not saying you've done anything wrong here per se, but typically when situations like this have some up in the past, after further digging, it turned out the person had accidentally set up the same credit card on both accounts.  Can you please sign into both accounts and double-check that they are in fact different credit cards on file?  

The thing is, because every phone line is a completely separate account to PM, it's as if your two lines are complete separate customers, so there is no really reason they would have associated the two to the same credit card by accident and charged both to one as you have stated.

hamaida

I have 2 accounts with PM each account with different E mail and different credit card, how come they charge me for both accounts from 1 credit card?

I am not happy 😞

gmcnally
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Oops that link does not work anymore try this one:

Who are the Community Moderators? What do Community Moderators do?

Community Moderators are a team of individuals who work behind our @Moderator_Teamaccount to help serve our customers by answering their questions and providing technical assistance. They also ensure that information posted adheres to Public Mobile’s Terms and Conditions.  

When are the Community Moderators available?

• Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gmcnally you received a notification for this thread because you are subscribed to it.

To get help from PM employees follow these instructions. 

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with you account.
    • They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]
    • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
    • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
    • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator

gmcnally

Hi Mica:

I am not a moderator but your post came to me for some reason.  The same situation happened to me too.  I was on autopay with PM and for some reason I received a message from PM that my account did not get paid and my service was discontinued.  I was prompted to pay manually which I did and my service was restored but the autopay showed up on my credit card statement along with the manual payment - I was double charged for my service.  It took me sometime to figure out how and who to contact at PM and even now I'm not sure how to do that.  I contacted my credit card company and told them what happened and they looked after it and said they would investigate with the vendor.  That seemed to be the only way to resolve this mistake.  PM has great affordable plans but when things go wrong customer service is almost nil.

Micahsim

Hi - I was on pre-authorized payment, but changed my plan. I was charged for the both on the last billing date (May 18).

I will also need to port my number over to a Corporate plan, and would like to request assistance with this. 

Thank you!

Micah

Hahutzy

-deleted-

gmcnally

ab Test:

Thanks for message.  It is taking me some time to maneuver this enviroment and figure out access to moderator.  Your message was a great help by adding the link to contact the moderator team.  Looks like my issue has been resolved by moderator.  I was asked to submit three personal items of information for security check and did so.  I expected to hear back from moderator afterwards but did not even though it looks like issues were resolved.  Getting locked out of my account appears to be my own doing - misstyped pw.  I have no idea why my autopay did not work after several months of it working just fine and until a moderator informs me otherwise I still will not know.  Thanks for your eagle eye picking up my concern added to a really old post and for getting me hooked up with a moderator.  Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @gmcnally.  Sorry to hear about your troubles with your service.  Have you sent a private message to the moderator team so that they can get your service back up and iron out the billing error?

If not, follow the link below.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Also, you have posted to an old topic.  You should always start a new topic so that your issue gets the maximum exposure and quickest possible response.

gmcnally

I am in the same situation but a bit different.  I received a text message from PM on my phone:" Public Mobile here. Your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment.  Make a payment at publicmobile.ca/selfserve.  If you have recently made a manual payment, please ignore this message" .  I then tried use my phone and service had been terminated.  I tried to log into my account online.  I was told my username or id was wrong.  I tried again and was locked out.  I phoned my credit card company and was told that Public Mobile had indeed withdrawn the fee for my payment.  In a last ditch attempt I paid Public Mobile manually by credit card and PM withdrew the same amount.  In other words, I was charged twice by PM for my service which up until now I really enjoyed.  Frustration supreme.

Is it possible that that autopay what charged before you actually added your new credit card.  I would check to see if the payment that was charged to your new credit card was applied as a manual top up.  If it was, it would appear in your Public Mobile account's available balance.

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How many cards can you register in your account for autopay? Did u remove your old CC before adding new one?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:00PM (ET).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.