cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Payment / Auto Renewal

hds635
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I am set up for autorenewal for my plan, however on Saturday, Sept 7th, when my plan was supposed to be automatically renewed, it was not and I was stuck without any data/service. 

I called *611, paid through the phone line with the credit card that was already on file. I immediately had my plan restored.

However, there are now two charges on my account, one was for the "automatic" renewal that didn't even happen, and the charge for my manual renewal.

Is there anyway that I can be refunded for this double payment? I don't think I'm at fault since the auto-renewal never actually happened.

Thanks in advance,

Heather

12 REPLIES 12

jaymuench
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, I'll leave the autopay to do its thing and hope for no troubles. 

@jaymuenchI find if you have a balance in your account that is enough to cover your monthly prepaid, then it is usually okay. So it depends on your personality and financial situation whether you can put some money in the account ahead of time. Some people put money in on

a fixed day in the month.

Most of the problem stems from autopay failure and people panicks when they log into the selfserve during renewal day and see working like Plan Expired etc. The solution to Plan Expired as long as you have service, you should ignore it and wait till the process is over.

jaymuench
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow all these billing issues has me getting nervous on what to expect on my first auto-renewal.  If this is what to expect, hardly worth the slightly lesser cost in comparison to the more mainstream providers.

rasavitha

If you are stuck, don't worry. There is always the Moderator_Team to help you out when you leave a private message with them and they are pretty fast in responses as well. They will resolve it for you.

@hds635 wrote:

Thanks! I've managed to submit a ticket.

@hds635  Please see the following post for more info.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Dec-31-1969-service-suspended/m-p/422...

hds635

Thanks! I've managed to submit a ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

Log into My Account...do you see your second payment sitting as Available Funds ? If so, as @Anonymous  suggested, that payment will just be applied to your next renewal.

Good luck, eh.

The top line saying 0 = Available Funds.

fyi

Log into My Account...do you see your second payment sitting as Available Funds ? If so, as @Anonymous  suggested, that payment will just be applied to your next renewal.

Good luck, eh.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hds635 wrote:

Thank you! I've attached a screenshot of my payment history, and I'm not seeing a balance. Any ideas? 

I guess now you get to muddle through the ridiculous SIMon thing. That's the question mark thingy in the lower right. Then you gotta keep typing human or submit ticket or some such nonsense to get to a form that you use your community login credentials in.

hds635

Thank you! I've attached a screenshot of my payment history, and I'm not seeing a balance. Any ideas? Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 11.18.10 AM.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hds635, check your payment history.  If you see a fund balance in your favor for the second payment, I suggest taking no further action as the funds will be available for the next payment.  The lead time for a refund can exceed the 30 day plan duration.  If you are uncertain about payment history, you can post a snapshot with personal information blanked out and the community can assist with the interpretation. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hds635 wrote:

Hi there,

I am set up for autorenewal for my plan, however on Saturday, Sept 7th, when my plan was supposed to be automatically renewed, it was not and I was stuck without any data/service. 

I called *611, paid through the phone line with the credit card that was already on file. I immediately had my plan restored.

However, there are now two charges on my account, one was for the "automatic" renewal that didn't even happen, and the charge for my manual renewal.

Is there anyway that I can be refunded for this double payment? I don't think I'm at fault since the auto-renewal never actually happened.

Thanks in advance,

Heather

Well at least it renewed. There've been some issues of late.

The extra payment should be seen in your Available Funds. That will get used for your next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.