cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Charge

mcaps689
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI my credit card statement is showing two identical charges for my monthly bill but only one is showing on my online public account, how can I apply for a refund of the duplicate charge?

7 REPLIES 7

@Anonymous wrote:

@AE_Collector : Yes and some credit cards will show that a "charge" is in a pending state. I'm not sure all do.

My cards do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector : Yes and some credit cards will show that a "charge" is in a pending state. I'm not sure all do.

@mcaps689 

We hear this “charged twice on credit card” scenario here on the PM Community quite often. I have seen this on my credit card occasionally with purchases not related to public Mobile as well. The merchant submits the purchase amount to the credit card company to verify the card is good for the charges. If so then when the transaction is actually processed to the card it is another separate charge. Then the original charge drops off after a day or three. I don't know why it goes like that, but thats how it works. So the best thing to do in these cases is to wait a few days to confirm that only one charge has actually stayed on your credit card.

A few days have gone by now, let us know what happened in the end.

AE_Collector

It is likely a pending charge that will disappear and only one charge will remain. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There can be different reasons why you'll be charged multiple times, for example, activating + top-up account, etc.  If you're confident that you haven't performed two transactions, you can always enlist the help of a Moderator, who would be a staff member with Public Mobile (compared to us... we're all customers here too!).

If you want help from a Moderator who can look into your account and provide any appropriate refunds (if needed), click on the chat bubble on the lower-right corner of your screen to open a ticket through the SIMon chatbot.  It will ask you to login to your Public Mobile account too so it will be attached to your ticket.  Alternatively, you can send a message directly to the Moderator Team (who will still need to authenticate you before accessing your account):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

As others have mentioned, feel free to give us further details and we'll try to understand provide some guidance where we can.  🙂

@mcaps689 wrote:

HI my credit card statement is showing two identical charges for my monthly bill but only one is showing on my online public account, how can I apply for a refund of the duplicate charge?

Please check in your credit card account if one of the entries is a pending charge. Sometimes, chages show as both pending and posted, but it's sometimes the same transaction.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@mcaps689  First , did you see this month already renewed and then another amount shown up as Available Credit? 

If so, then it is not too bad. They might have charged you twice, one for actual renewal for the next 30 days, the other amount charged is there for next month.  You have a choice to ask for a refund, but it might take as many as a month, or you can leave the amount there for next month.

You can confirm if they charged twice here:

go to Self-Serve, Payment Tab->Transaction History, did you see duplicate charges there ?

Maybe you can provide us a screenshot?

Need Help? Let's chat.