cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Does Walmart have instant Top-up ?

@Naepalm hhm. I absolutely hate vouchers. Finding the amount you want is annoying. I think the only participating locations for instant topup's in my location are Esso and CT gas. I think that's fine. Most of the gas stations in our city are Esso anyways. He could just topup when he's at one of the gas store locations.

Telus needs to work on their in store topup experience. All the PM locations for vouchers and instant topups are the same as Telus and koodo. Its all the same in store system. If its a company like TELUS you would think instant topup's would be available at a lot of locations. Walmart can assist with SIM activation and you can pay for your first month there without vouchers. It would only make sense for them to support instant topup. Walmart wouldn't need much training on the employees either.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I don't see any instant top-up sorts of options on Self-Serve.

I'm guessing that if Public Mobile doesn't have an instant top-up option on their interface with customers then they also don't offer it on their interface with businesses.

I've seen PM payment vouchers in many increments over the years - $5, $10, $13, $15, $19, $20, $25, $40, $48, $60. Maybe I should start a collection, eh?

Alas, all those fancy little display cards (and their barcodes) are endangered species. Because many retailers simply ask what exact dollar amount you want to purchase. Some also offer what Public Mobile calls Real Time Payment Vouchers - one more convenience - but I've never bought them because I prefer not to hand my phone number and account number and other personal info at gas stations and salesperson-infested retail locations, lol.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes ,Walmart has public mobile plans at there phone kiosk and they can do top-up for you.Hope this helps you.

Have a great day.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Maryjoe wrote:

Yes ,Walmart has public mobile plans at there phone kiosk and they can do top-up for you.Hope this helps you.

Have a great day.

This question isn't about if Walmart locations will sell a top up, but rather about the type of top of they sell. Some retail location do not print out a voucher PIN, but rather ask for your phone number and apply the top up directly to the account.