cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Walmart have instant Top-up ?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I totally forgot about instant top-up's. They seem pretty cool and Its way better than using a voucher. I have a friend that is coming to PM and he prefers to pay in store. It would be easier for him to use instant top-up's but i have no clue what stores are capable of this. I read the help articles and they only list a few gas stations. Does anybody know if Walmart supports it ?

13 REPLIES 13

@Maryjoe wrote:

Yes ,Walmart has public mobile plans at there phone kiosk and they can do top-up for you.Hope this helps you.

Have a great day.

This question isn't about if Walmart locations will sell a top up, but rather about the type of top of they sell. Some retail location do not print out a voucher PIN, but rather ask for your phone number and apply the top up directly to the account.

Maryjoe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes ,Walmart has public mobile plans at there phone kiosk and they can do top-up for you.Hope this helps you.

Have a great day.

I don't see any instant top-up sorts of options on Self-Serve.

I'm guessing that if Public Mobile doesn't have an instant top-up option on their interface with customers then they also don't offer it on their interface with businesses.

I've seen PM payment vouchers in many increments over the years - $5, $10, $13, $15, $19, $20, $25, $40, $48, $60. Maybe I should start a collection, eh?

Alas, all those fancy little display cards (and their barcodes) are endangered species. Because many retailers simply ask what exact dollar amount you want to purchase. Some also offer what Public Mobile calls Real Time Payment Vouchers - one more convenience - but I've never bought them because I prefer not to hand my phone number and account number and other personal info at gas stations and salesperson-infested retail locations, lol.

BearFBI

@Naepalm hhm. I absolutely hate vouchers. Finding the amount you want is annoying. I think the only participating locations for instant topup's in my location are Esso and CT gas. I think that's fine. Most of the gas stations in our city are Esso anyways. He could just topup when he's at one of the gas store locations.

Telus needs to work on their in store topup experience. All the PM locations for vouchers and instant topups are the same as Telus and koodo. Its all the same in store system. If its a company like TELUS you would think instant topup's would be available at a lot of locations. Walmart can assist with SIM activation and you can pay for your first month there without vouchers. It would only make sense for them to support instant topup. Walmart wouldn't need much training on the employees either.

@darlicious I saw earlier today at a SUPERSTORE they had $60.00 vouchers.  That was the only denomination they had at the one in my town anyway. 

@BearFBI 

Pm voucher amounts are scanned from a UPC code in varying amounts ranging from $10 to $100. Some retailers only carry a couple of amounts (SDM in bc has only $20 and $40 so far as I have found.) London drugs has $10 thru $60. They were unwilling to let me take a pic of the $10 UPC code but did try to scan the $100 code on my phone but it wouldn't work.....not sure if if was the pic or the code itself. It was supplied by @CalgaryBen  and I think they are in the voucher catalogue.

BearFBI

@darlicious wrote:

@BearFBI 

Some shoppers drug marts back east do.....it would be best for your friend to identify their local retailers that sell public mobile and then call each retailer to see what kind of payment system for public mobile they currently use.

@darlicious Thanks. It would only make sense for them to support it as they already sell vouchers and activate SIM cards for people. Ill try to call a few PM retailers. 

The worst part about vouchers is being able to find them. Sometimes they are sold out or don't have the one you want. They also don't have the perfect amount you need to topup.

I wonder if its possible to ask the cashier to load a certain amount into a 12 digit voucher and not have to use the base voucher amounts. 

@BearFBI 

Some shoppers drug marts back east do.....it would be best for your friend to identify their local retailers that sell public mobile and then call each retailer to see what kind of payment system for public mobile they currently use.

@Anonymous well that's disappointing... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel 

@Naepalm discovered that xoom won't work for ported in numbers.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI...Canada Tire Gas and most Esso / Exxon stations

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI I don't think Walmart supports instant top up... xoom.com is a good top up site with no extra charges

*note does not work with ported in numbers 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI hi  walmart has vouchers😁

Need Help? Let's chat.