cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does PM not accept Master Card and Amex?

coffee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have not been able to set up auto pay or even make a payment using my Master Card. Does PM perhaps only accept VISA Cards?

32 REPLIES 32

@SebfromMTLIt is worthwhile for you to start your own thread instead of piggy backing off a 6 months old thread as it gets confusing and details get lost.

SebfromMTL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@stonechucker wrote:

@SebfromMTL, I'm not sure how this message has arrived, but VISA, Mastercard, and AMEX all work, as well as VisaDebit.  Must be Canadian or America issuing bank, and billing addresses.

If you attempt too many times, you'll be blocked, wait for an hour.

There should be no tricks.  You must use apt/suite# - house/building## for things like condos and apartments, and Candian postal codes need to be 6 digits as A1A1A1 format.  Depending on the AMEX, the security code could be on the front or back of the card and 3 or 4 digits.

Too many options for me to remember, please look int he knowledge base where everything should be explained.

Research, research, research.

Did you miss the part where I said it worked every month until today? Look I know how online payments work and it seems to be a problem on PM's end since my card is working flawlessly everywhere else. 

@SebfromMTL, I'm not sure how this message has arrived, but VISA, Mastercard, and AMEX all work, as well as VisaDebit.  Must be Canadian or America issuing bank, and billing addresses.

If you attempt too many times, you'll be blocked, wait for an hour.

There should be no tricks.  You must use apt/suite# - house/building## for things like condos and apartments, and Candian postal codes need to be 6 digits as A1A1A1 format.  Depending on the AMEX, the security code could be on the front or back of the card and 3 or 4 digits.

Too many options for me to remember, please look int he knowledge base where everything should be explained.

Research, research, research.

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SebfromMTL wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SebfromMTL wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@coffee wrote:

Have not been able to set up auto pay or even make a payment using my Master Card. Does PM perhaps only accept VISA Cards?

It's important that all the billing information matches that on your credit card statement perfectly. leave the apartment number blank. Adjust the postal code (if it's X0X 0X0 on your statement, put in X0X 0X etc.)

PM's system will not let me put a space between two parts of the postal code...which is how it's set up at the bank, you know like every normal place. 

Funniest thing is I've been using this card for the last few months without a problem and today for some reason payment won't go through. 

The payment system here is bad for too many people. Yet there are many people that go on with life and have no problems.

The postal code is one of those funny things. I think it's a 6 character thing. Either have the space and no last digit or remove the space.

Neither works. Tried everything: incognito mode, 6 digts, 5 digits, even tried using IE (the horror!) and nothing works. In the meantime I've had no problems using said card to pay other bills. If I need to go get vouchers I might as well look for another provider at that point 

I would imagine that by now, the system has locked out your card due to thinking it's suspicious activity. You would need to contact the moderators to unlock it. You could also try a different card. You could also pay a little more for the convenience and buy vouchers online just this time and then get your credit card figured out.

SebfromMTL

@Anonymous wrote:

@SebfromMTL wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@coffee wrote:

It's important that all the billing information matches that on your credit card statement perfectly. leave the apartment number blank. Adjust the postal code (if it's X0X 0X0 on your statement, put in X0X 0X etc.)

PM's system will not let me put a space between two parts of the postal code...which is how it's set up at the bank, you know like every normal place. 

Funniest thing is I've been using this card for the last few months without a problem and today for some reason payment won't go through. 

The payment system here is bad for too many people. Yet there are many people that go on with life and have no problems.

The postal code is one of those funny things. I think it's a 6 character thing. Either have the space and no last digit or remove the space.

Neither works. Tried everything: incognito mode, 6 digts, 5 digits, even tried using IE (the horror!) and nothing works. In the meantime I've had no problems using said card to pay other bills. If I need to go get vouchers I might as well look for another provider at that point 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ladybearbc 

Yeah I didn't know about a thing called Visa Debit until I got here. Apparently I don't bank with the big banks. Some have had success using Mastercard Debit. But no...not a plain ol' debit card.

I use those "credit" card prepaid gift cards that one can find just about anywhere gift cards are sold.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SebfromMTL wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@coffee wrote:

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..Remember, we accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

SebfromMTL

@wetcoaster wrote:

@coffee wrote:

@ladybearbcGo to one of the fine retailers and buy a voucher.. get your phone working first.. then try adding credit cards later.. I suggest doing it on a browser with no add ons / blockers and later in the evening when the servers are less overloaded. For future reference, Public Mobile's autopay system is known to be glitchy, I suggest preload some funds ahead of time to prevent outage.. as long as you have a credit card on file your autopay bonus will still be active.

Public Mobile Voucher RetailersPublic Mobile Voucher Retailers

Kovaelin

I had to contact PM mods when updating my credit card expiry date this month. Mastercard should work.

The website can be slow during the day.  You could try waiting later in the day.  You could try a different browser and incongnito mode.  Also try clearing your cache.  Another option try paying by *611.

hi try clearing your cache and then try ingognito mode that usually works

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ladybearbc wrote:

What is wrong with this site!!!! I have been trying for over 1/2 hour to add a credit card on to my account - all I get is that circle of death.

Account has been suspended for non payment - Sorry I didn't know that debit cards with a Mastercard logo are not accepted. Didn't know there was a difference between different debit cards - thought a debit card was a debit card.

Now that I have gone the rounds with the bank and found out that mine is not one accepted by Public Mobile. I have spent the last 1/2 hour - almost an hour really - trying to add my credit card (unsuccessfully) on to my account.....NOW WHAT?  Can't use my phone and can't pay for it.

Try using another browser, try incognito mode in Chrome. 

Also ensure the address matches exactly with the one tied to the card. Unit number, hyphens etc. 

ladybearbc

What is wrong with this site!!!! I have been trying for over 1/2 hour to add a credit card on to my account - all I get is that circle of death.

Account has been suspended for non payment - Sorry I didn't know that debit cards with a Mastercard logo are not accepted. Didn't know there was a difference between different debit cards - thought a debit card was a debit card.

Now that I have gone the rounds with the bank and found out that mine is not one accepted by Public Mobile. I have spent the last 1/2 hour - almost an hour really - trying to add my credit card (unsuccessfully) on to my account.....NOW WHAT?  Can't use my phone and can't pay for it.

coffee

@Anonymous wrote:

@coffee wrote:

Problem solved - For some strange reason my account was in the "lost/Stolen" mode. Once I removed that feature my payment was accepted.

Interesting. So the system knows that the service has been put into lost/stolen suspension as compared to suspension due to lack of payment. Which I guess is obvious but I would have kinda thought that suspension was suspension. You can pay on the latter but I guess it figures "hey you're phone is lost why are you giving me money?".

Edit: what exact message was it giving you?

Nothing at all -- no pop up or warnings etc. The page just stayed idle. After removing lost/stolen feature all went smooth and fast. 

Costello_P
Customer Support Agent

Yes, we do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coffee wrote:

Problem solved - For some strange reason my account was in the "lost/Stolen" mode. Once I removed that feature my payment was accepted.

Interesting. So the system knows that the service has been put into lost/stolen suspension as compared to suspension due to lack of payment. Which I guess is obvious but I would have kinda thought that suspension was suspension. You can pay on the latter but I guess it figures "hey you're phone is lost why are you giving me money?".

Edit: what exact message was it giving you?

coffee

@Anonymous wrote:

@coffee wrote:

@Costello_P wrote:

Hi there guys, Public accepts Visa credit cards and debit cards but in MasterCard's case we only accept credit cards. Our system does not yet support MasterCard debit.

Just to make sure - you are saying that Master Card credit cards are accepted? 

Yes. And prepaid Visa or Mastercard gift cards as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coffee wrote:

@Costello_P wrote:

Hi there guys, Public accepts Visa credit cards and debit cards but in MasterCard's case we only accept credit cards. Our system does not yet support MasterCard debit.

Yes. And prepaid Visa or Mastercard gift cards as well.

coffee

@Costello_P wrote:

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@coffee Make sure that you are entering the name exactly as it's shown on the card. You can also try using a different browser, the site can be finicky and cause random errors, try Chrome in incognito mode.

Costello_P
Customer Support Agent

@coffee 

Try some of the suggestions above.  Mastercard and Amex do work with PM.  

Another thing to try is a different webbrowser, clearing cache or incognito/privacy mode.  The website is finicky at times.  

Thecrimson1919

It's not a Mastercard Debit by any chance? I think Mastercard calls them Global Payment cards. I am not sure if PM would accept this . Simon only mentions Visa Debit. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@coffee wrote:

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@coffee wrote:

@coffee, I am using Master Card for direct payment. But you have to make sure the name and address are matched with our credit card account.

s_leah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently using my Mastercard for auto-pay.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@coffee wrote:

I have successfully used Visa, Mastercard, and American Express with PM to pay for my plans...

Need Help? Let's chat.