cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I keep my phone number if i do not pay for next month?

Scarlet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My billing cycle ends on Sept 14th and I want to keep my phone number till Sept 20th and port out, but do not want to pay for another month of service. I read that if I turn off autopay do not pay the service is suspended and I can keep my phone number, is that true? What other option is there for me to keep my phone number?

10 REPLIES 10

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok thanks for the info

@Scarlet wrote:

I preordered the pixel 4a and I should get it by Sept 15th-20th. I want to port my current number to an esim and used the sim card slot for dual sims. 

@Scarlet  Nice phone!! So, I'm assuming you are going with Lucky. If that's the case then you need switch to the $15 plan then you have 30 days to port out.

Scarlet

I get a price with 1 sim talk and text and the other sim data only with competitors. 

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

May I ask why your leaving PM?

Thanks

Scarlet

I preordered the pixel 4a and I should get it by Sept 15th-20th. I want to port my current number to an esim and used the sim card slot for dual sims. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Scarlet wrote:

Hi,

My billing cycle ends on Sept 14th and I want to keep my phone number till Sept 20th and port out, but do not want to pay for another month of service. I read that if I turn off autopay do not pay the service is suspended and I can keep my phone number, is that true? What other option is there for me to keep my phone number?

@Scarlet  As mentioned your account must be active so why not port out on Sep 13 why does it need to be the 20th?

@Scarlet Unfortunately you will need to pay for another month. Your account needs to be active. I believe that can be by passed if you are porting out to Koodo or Telus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scarlet wrote:

Is it possible to suspend for the few days I need, or will I be required to pay another month of service regardless to reactive the account? 

The account needs to be active to port. (not starboard 🙂 )

Scarlet

Is it possible to suspend for the few days I need, or will I be required to pay another month of service regardless to reactive the account? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scarlet wrote:

Hi,

Unless you're moving to Koodo or Telus your account needs to be active to port.

You can keep a suspended phone number for 90 days. But you can't port out from a suspended account.

Downgrade to the $15 plan on the 14th/15th. Port out whenever you like.

Need Help? Let's chat.