cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disregard text message to top up?

Jess6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I received a text message from Public Mobile stating that I needed to top up my account Apr 1, so I did.  Then I received a text message the same day stating to disregard the previous text message?  I didn’t actually have to top up until Apr 11? Have I just wasted my money?  What will happen come May 1 or May 11th?  That’s not ok, I feel shorted.  

Any suggestions?  Because that’s just plain theft. 

7 REPLIES 7

Jess6

Thank you, I did call 611 and I do have a balance, the exact amount I topped up! Phew, thank you so much! Cheers 🙂

Jess6

Thank you for your response!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Jess6 Call 611 and listen to:

a) next payment date

b) account balance. 
Those will confirm the $ is not lost. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jess6 wrote:

Hello, I received a text message from Public Mobile stating that I needed to top up my account Apr 1, so I did.  Then I received a text message the same day stating to disregard the previous text message?  I didn’t actually have to top up until Apr 11? Have I just wasted my money?

@Jess6  No you haven't. Those funds will be used to renew your plan on April 11th.

What will happen come May 1 or May 11th?  More than likely no.

That’s not ok, I feel shorted.  

Any suggestions?  Because that’s just plain theft.  Theft? no. An honest mistake yes.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Jess6 Probably just a mistake. Check your self-service account for the due date for payment.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jess6 Yeah i got that exact message too. I was really confused. Is this happening to anyone else too?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

The message was an inadvertant one @Jess6 . Did you actually apply the payment? Or is it sitting as a credit balance in your self service account? Please log in and check it or dial 611 does it say that there is a balance? Thanks.  If it's there, it will be used to pay your April 11 cycle. If it isn't and it was applied. Then contact the moderators and ask them for a credit.

Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Need Help? Let's chat.