cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different dates for payment when signing up for new autopay plan

bradman20012
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just switched from teh 4.5 gb 40 dollar plan to the new bonus 40 dollar 5gb plan that requires auto pay. Now im looking in my payment due dates and im seeing 2 different dates. one being the 28th and the other being the 29th. Which one is it? I just dont want to be charged twice!

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bradman20012 yes, everyone has agreed with you that it's confusing.  Hopefully by now you're unconfused.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

bradman20012

Confusing for no reason what so ever. Im on auto pay so its not like im a manual payment user. 

The simple explanation is, it's confusing.

Previously, AutoPay happened on the 28th at 9 pm ET, and processing the renewal occurred early on the 29th.  For whatever reason(s), Public Mobile has delayed the start of the cycle.

If paying by manual payment online, or voucher payments, the payment needs to be applied on the 28th (or before) so that the process completes correctly.

Dates used to describe this process are based on the original post of the thread.  Dates will continually change as plan cycles are 30 or 90-days.

Carriers have always differentriated between last day of billing cycle and first day of new billing cycle.  The 28th is the last day of service that you have already paid for.  The 29th is first day of your new billing cycle.  I suspect they specify it like this because otherwise, someone with the day same payment due date as you might come online and apply a top up near the end of the day and wonder why the service was already cut off.  They don't want customers to think "I thought I had until the end of the 29th to pay".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bradman20012:

I stepped into your thread here when I saw that you had given popping the solution. And it was. So I thought I'd say things. But then it went away. Then I was already in it. If you wished for popping to have the solution then please by all means hand it to him.

MarleneTecson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since you signed up for auto pay, you won’t get charged twice.  The earlier date is the “due date” of your existing plan and the new plan date will be the date you will be charged.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bradman20012 wrote:

Yeah I have auto pay enabled. So 2am on the second date will be the payment date..... 

When they actually take the money...yes. And that your card works for their problematic system 🙂

bradman20012

Yeah I have auto pay enabled. So 2am on the second date will be the payment date..... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bradman20012 wrote:

The date on the text message is Nov. 29th... yet the overview page says the 28th

Yes and 611 will tell you 2am ET too. It's just how they do it.

bradman20012

The date on the text message is Nov. 29th... yet the overview page says the 28th

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bradman20012

I agree it's confusing.

The first date is the end of your paid term.

The second date, at 2am ET of, is when the money gets taken for renewal for the new term.

So you better have autopay or enough in Available Funds before then. (Really before midnight ET if you don't have autopay)

bradman20012

then why doesnt it say that then. this is confusing . It says "next auto pay date Nov. 29th" and and Payment due date Date Nov. 28th"

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bradman20012 wrote:

Just switched from teh 4.5 gb 40 dollar plan to the new bonus 40 dollar 5gb plan that requires auto pay. Now im looking in my payment due dates and im seeing 2 different dates. one being the 28th and the other being the 29th. Which one is it? I just dont want to be charged twice!

The date on the top of your overview page is the payment due date.  But your renewal date is the date after your payment due date.  The date from the SMS alert is the renewal date.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

one date is expiry date...other is when payment is due.

Need Help? Let's chat.