cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone have an issue with auto payments today?

Joybellswj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tons of issues with my auto pay today.  Woke up to find I had no texting or calling ability.  Used my credit card at Timmys for coffee this morning with no issues, used it to purchase some books on Amazon this afternoon with no issues yet autopayment still wont go through. Used the same card on autopayments for months on end and never an issue until today. Card doesn't expire until 2023.    Tried deleting it out of my account and entering it back in but it kept on saying it couldn't validate my credit card. I had to resort to using my 12 year olds Visa debit card lol. Not sure why that worked but now I can't switch back to my credit card for autopayments like it was before!!  Anyone else come across this today with their autopayments?

11 REPLIES 11

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Joybellswj it makes me wonder what's going on with PC Financial if it happened to you & me, along with others possibly.

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

I wonder why it does that. It did say to disregard the message if you had autopay or enough funds in your account, but it was a little concerning none the less to worry if I had service or not.

Take the advice posted above to prevent an autopay failure by adding funds to your account.

BasesLoadedWalk

I wonder why it does that. It did say to disregard the message if you had autopay or enough funds in your account, but it was a little concerning none the less to worry if I had service or not.

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

I thought I had an issue with my AutoPay today. I logged into my account and it said my service was suspended, however I was able to make and receive calls like normal.  A few hours later the payment came off my credit card.

During the renewal process, the status in self service goes through different statuses. As long as your services all work there is nothing to worry about.

BasesLoadedWalk

I thought I had an issue with my AutoPay today. I logged into my account and it said my service was suspended, however I was able to make and receive calls like normal.  A few hours later the payment came off my credit card.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Try the hybrid auto pay option. It hasn’t failed me. 

Agree.   Renewal with enough available fund always works.

Add enough fund to account using the autopay card ahead of the renewal date.  After receiving the PM payment reminder text message is the best time to add fund to your account.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Joybellswj wrote:

Tons of issues with my auto pay today.  Woke up to find I had no texting or calling ability.  Used my credit card at Timmys for coffee this morning with no issues, used it to purchase some books on Amazon this afternoon with no issues yet autopayment still wont go through. Used the same card on autopayments for months on end and never an issue until today. Card doesn't expire until 2023.    Tried deleting it out of my account and entering it back in but it kept on saying it couldn't validate my credit card. I had to resort to using my 12 year olds Visa debit card lol. Not sure why that worked but now I can't switch back to my credit card for autopayments like it was before!!  Anyone else come across this today with their autopayments?

Not here but did with Telus.  The PM system is using the Telus system as there backbone and inherited the issue. Try the hybrid auto pay option. It hasn’t failed me. 

Joybellswj

@JK8 thanks, I will try incognito 😃 However I don’t like the idea of having to remember to go in and make a payment before my auto payment as that defeats the purpose. I do auto payments so I don’t forget to pay 😀

Joybellswj

@bluejaywpg mine is PC Financial too!! Interesting. So strange because it’s always been my auto payment card. I’ll make sure to mention that 🙂

bluejaywpg

A few months ago I had issues with my PC Financial card payment not working. The card worked fine when I purchased other things at other businesses. It sucked even more because the text that told me my payment didn't go through gave no indication that service was immediately suspended so I had no idea for hours. I had to message the moderators to look into it & they did something to allow payments from my PC Financial card to work. I had them send a complaint on my behalf to management about that.

Hopefully they change it so that there's a grace period if a payment fails for any reason. Even 1 day would be reasonable. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Joybellswj 

Autopay does fail. To prevent you from losing service, the recommendation from the PM forum is to make a payment a few days before your renewal date to cover the cost of the plan. The renewal will take the money out of your Available Funds and you can leave your credit card on file for the autopay reward of $2.

To get your original credit card on your account try incognito/ private mode with your browse. Contact a moderator if you continue to have problems. Choose chat bubble in lower right hand corner.

Need Help? Let's chat.