cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deferring Payment

mint_cheesecake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi folks 🙂

I'm planning to travel and would like to suspend my plan for 90 days.  On an earlier post, I saw I could do this by "deferring payment" -- but as I am on AutoPay, how do I do that?

Pause Your Plan (publicmobile.ca)

8 REPLIES 8

@mint_cheesecake 

I'm sorry to hear you mis-timed your account suspension. You can at least call forward your pm calls for the next 30 days to your fongo app but if you wish to keep voicemail active when you do suspend then it would be best to leave your sim card with someone you trust who can reset your call forwarding to the default settings by putting your sim card in their phone briefly to reset. Here are your options for suspending service while travelling....

Spoiler
  1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. Moderator contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo number. Remove your sim card from your phone after call forwarding your pm phone # and put it somewhere safe while travelling or give it to someone you trust here ( @mint_cheesecake  this applies to you)before you leave Canada. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account. Happy travels!

Edit: 

Here's info on call forwarding by our resident expert @Nezgar :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Out-of-service-area-or-on-Airplane-mo...

@mint_cheesecake   Sorry, PM is prepaid service and they won't issue refund..

If you are going to suspend for 90 days after, make sure you keep track of the date.  Activate around 85th days, make sure it is showing Active before you logoff.  

if any issue, come and post your questions here or open a ticket with PM

mint_cheesecake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't disable it in time, and so I think I got billed for a month of service I'm not going to use -- is there any way to request a reimbursement?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

from my understanding by using the lost stolen mode you will still be able to accept voicemail, not sure about suspension from disabling autopay.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@mint_cheesecake wrote:

Hi folks 🙂

I'm planning to travel and would like to suspend my plan for 90 days.  On an earlier post, I saw I could do this by "deferring payment" -- but as I am on AutoPay, how do I do that?

Just disable your Autopay from My Account or via *611

From My Account, Go to payment tab, Manage Autopay and then disable

Please try to remind yourself to reactivate around 85th days.  When you pay at the time, make sure you confirm the payment went through and and account is Active.  If there is any issue with payment or unable to activate, come here for help or open ticket with PM immediately.  Failing to reactivate before the 90th day make  will loss your phone number

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mint_cheesecake wrote:

Hi folks 🙂

Another option is to just remove the credit card / debit card from your account and disable Autopay. Then when your next renewal happpens, your account will Suspend. You have 89 days to re-up your account...at day 90, that account is permanently closed down.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mint_cheesecake 

If you miss a payment due date, your account will be put into a suspended state, meaning you will be unable to use your phone services. You will have up to 90 days to make a payment, and after doing so your payment cycle with restart and your service will resume. After 90 days, suspended accounts are permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

but you can remove your autopay and put it back in system your credit card within 85 days to you not losing your phone number ...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mint_cheesecake lointo selfserve click plans and addons, and then enable lost stolen mode.  this will suspend your account for up to 90 days

happy travels.

Need Help? Let's chat.