cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit Mastercard won't accept anymore

kandctaylor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has anyone had the problem when a debit mastercard has been used and accepted in the past for payment but suddenly won't be accepted? There is not an issue on my banks end and they state that they didn't even receive a request from Public for payment...

9 REPLIES 9

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@kandctaylor wrote:

Has anyone had the problem when a debit mastercard has been used and accepted in the past for payment but suddenly won't be accepted? There is not an issue on my banks end and they state that they didn't even receive a request from Public for payment...

Yes, Mastercard debit is not officially accepted and has been error prone. 

Not commenting on how error prone it might be but Mastercard themselves show Public Mobile as a merchant. But funny that Public Mobile doesn't officially recognize it.

Simon says: "We accept credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, and American Express), and VISA Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions.".

🤣

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@kandctaylor wrote:

Not commenting on how error prone it might be but Mastercard themselves show Public Mobile as a merchant. But funny that Public Mobile doesn't officially recognize it.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@kandctaylor wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kandctaylor 

How did you found out your debit is not working?

If your renewal failed and cannot add fund to your account to re-activate your account, your can get a topup voucher to get your phone working ASAP.  Then, create a moderator support ticket to fix the autopay issue using the Chat button at the bottom right corner of this page.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kandctaylor  This is a known issue and the problem in most cases it's not the card at fault but Public's processing system. Hopefully they fix it one day until then try making a manual payment to renew your plan and also submit a ticket and ask them to fix it.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@kandctaylor 

Autopay does fail sometimes.  Was your plan due recently?  You can try to manually load funds equivalent to your plan fee.  Then your account should re-start.  If that does not work, then you will need to contact moderator to get help.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

NeoAnderson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

And your expiration date is current?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@kandctaylor wrote:

Were you up for renewal? If so you had an autopay failure.Contact moderators by choosing the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner.

Need Help? Let's chat.