cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data overage

wlwong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How will I be charged if I exceed the data alloyed for my plan?

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wlwong 

That's the beauty of pm....no overages, hidden fees or extra charges ever. You get exactly what you pay for otherwise it won't work and if it does its included. If you get a message saying extra charges may apply you can rest assured that if it works its free.....no bill surprises at pm.

Unless you count the $0 bill...that was a surprise that it can happen but I'm used to not paying a phone bill anymore.

Also if you find you are running out of data every month you can renew early by choosing a new higher data plan, adding the funds to your account balance and then selecting your new plan, scrolling down to confirm and submit your purchase by choosing change plan immediately.  

Or if you don't mind waiting you can simply schedule a change plan on next renewal so as not lose any value of your current plan cycle. If you want to just renew your current plan early (perhaps its no longer offered)  then add the funds to your account and contact the moderators to perform  the change for you,

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@wlwong wrote:

How will I be charged if I exceed the data alloyed for my plan?

@wlwong   No overages here at PM.  You will simply not be able to access more data either until your plan renews and resets all the features or if you purchase add-on data which can be handy but a little expensive at $15/1GB, however, it doesn't expire and any unused data from the add on will stay with the account until depleted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

at public mobile is prepaid service not have any charges extra when your data is end is will off until next cycle to renewal,

Managing Your Data Usage

To help you manage your data usage effectively, we’ll be covering:

1. How to track your data usage
  2. Tips and tricks to save data

Tracking Data Usage 1. Self-Serve

You can view your usage in your Self-Serve account by clicking on the Plan and Add-Ons tab, then on Data & Add-On Usage. Here, you will find a summary of your data usage for the current billing cycle. Alternatively, if you’re interested in seeing your your last 90 days worth of usage, you can select Usage History which is also under the Plans and Add-Ons tab.Don’t have a Self-Serve account yet? No worries, you can register here.

2. Data Usage Notifications

We send you a text message when you've used 75% and 95% of the data included in your plan. If you try to use something that requires data when you’ve reached your data limit, you will be directed to Self-Serve. Once signed into Self-Serve, you can review your usage and, if you’d like to continue to have access to data, you can purchase a data Add-On here too.

Tips And Tricks To Save Data 1. Autoplay

Many of the most commonly used applications like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube offer a feature called Autoplay. While using this app, the Autoplay feature will preload and play videos automatically in your “news” feed automatically as you progress through it.If you’re finding that you’re going through your data really quickly or know that you’ve almost used your entire allotted amount, setting your Autoplay to work using Wi-Fi only or disabling it may be a good option for you.

2. GPS Navigation

GPS navigation is another feature that, in fact, does require mobile data. As a substitute, you could use Google Maps, which is a free navigation application that offers the ability to navigate offline. You can also purchase other navigation applications that will allow you to navigate without using data and quickly change spending into an investment.

3. Other Applications

Other applications like video games, weather, music streaming can consume a lot of data. The good news is that most smartphones will give you the ability to restrict background data for each application that you use on a daily basis.

Need Help? Let's chat.