cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add-on for the $10 Plan (30-days)

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi, I have two questions on the $10 Plan for 30-days (50 minutes talk, 50 texts) etc. 

1. I can’t locate a 90 days plan for a similar plan (like 150 minutes talk, 150 texts etc. over 90 days). Please confirm that there is no 90-days plan?
  2. Can I subscribe for a data add-on to the $10 plan? If yes, and I purchase one GB data for $30. Do I understand correctly that the un-used data will continue to roll over to the next month — and to the next month — till it expires?

My thanks in advance to the community members.

14 REPLIES 14

sa7375

z10user4

@Anonymous wrote:

@sa7375 wrote:

Here is the good news.  The data add-on always stays on the 4G/LTE speeds: it will never be throttled down to 3G.

Almost. If you have 3G data in your plan and you run out and choose to buy the add-on then it'll be throttled. If your plan has no data and you buy the add-on then yes it's on 4G. And yes in the case of the $10 plan...it has no data.

Indeed. DO NOT run a speedtest "just for curiosity"...it'll eat your data in a hurry...just to slake your curiosity.

I stand educated on the data throttling down if one has a regular data plan. Thanks. 

Loved that quip "it'll eat your data in a hurry...just to slake your curiosity."  Heart

Aton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@sa7375 wrote:

@Aton ! An unsolicited advice for data add-on. Don't try speed test (like speedtest.net etc) to measure the speed because you can lose over 300 MBs in just one test. I made that mistake and lost that kind of data. Man Surprised

Here is the good news.  The data add-on always stays on the 4G/LTE speeds: it will never be throttled down to 3G.

Thank you for the advice! 

Don't ever want to make this mistake.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sa7375 wrote:

Almost. If you have 3G data in your plan and you run out and choose to buy the add-on then it'll be throttled. If your plan has no data and you buy the add-on then yes it's on 4G. And yes in the case of the $10 plan...it has no data.

Indeed. DO NOT run a speedtest "just for curiosity"...it'll eat your data in a hurry...just to slake your curiosity.

sa7375

@Aton wrote:

Thank you all for the advice!

Already purchased PM SIM at Wow Mobile booth (Centerpoint Mall) and will start porting process later this week.

@Aton ! An unsolicited advice for data add-on. Don't try speed test (like speedtest.net etc) to measure the speed because you can lose over 300 MBs in just one test. I made that mistake and lost that kind of data. Man Surprised

Aton

Thank you all for the advice!

Already purchased PM SIM at Wow Mobile booth (Centerpoint Mall) and will start porting process later this week.

sa7375

Hi there,

Add-ons offer great flexibility to any plan and I use it too. You can purchase this at the time of signing in to PM or anytime later. Just remember that add-ons cannot be purchased unless you have funds available in your account, that's the auto-pay doesn't cover it

What it means is that before purchasing an add-on, log in to your self-serve account and transfer the amount of funds you need for an add-on to your PM account. 

Welcome aboard.   Smiley Wink

@Aton wrote:

Hello everyone. Newbie question here...

Can I get the Data Add-on same time as I port my Telus prepay number over to a PM $10 Talk & Text plan?

Is that verything activates together at the same time or that a 2-stage process?

Thanks in advance for all help & advice!

Aton

You can activate and purchase your plan and addons at the same time.  When I joined I purchased my plan and my LD addon all during my transfer over from Rogers.  I have purchased addons for a few of the accounts I manage at activation time

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aton wrote:

Can I get the Data Add-on same time as I port my Telus prepay number over to a PM $10 Talk & Text plan?

Is that verything activates together at the same time or that a 2-stage process?

Aton

That is not part of the port/activation. Deposit enough funds into your account and then immediately after everything is active then buy the add-on.

Edit: I defer to ShawnC13 below. Apologies.

Aton

Aton

sa7375

A big thank you for clarifying. Cheers.
@MacMe wrote:

@sa7375 wrote:

Thanks. You make this look as a workable option for me. I've gone through the thread at the link you posted but how will the data usage work? Please clarify that if I purchase one GB data for $30, will the un-used data continue to roll over to the next month — and to the next month — till it expires?

PS. I'm a retired person with minimal requirements for mobile talk + data, hence considering this basic plan. However, I need to be a 100% clear before opting for this plan.

From the add-on page:

Add-Ons that are not U.S. Roaming related don’t have any expiry dates. Any remaining data or minutes in your Add-On will continue to roll over until they are used up.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sa7375 wrote:

Thanks. You make this look as a workable option for me. I've gone through the thread at the link you posted but how will the data usage work? Please clarify that if I purchase one GB data for $30, will the un-used data continue to roll over to the next month — and to the next month — till it expires?

PS. I'm a retired person with minimal requirements for mobile talk + data, hence considering this basic plan. However, I need to be a 100% clear before opting for this plan.

From the add-on page:

Add-Ons that are not U.S. Roaming related don’t have any expiry dates. Any remaining data or minutes in your Add-On will continue to roll over until they are used up.

sa7375

@will13am wrote:

@LEGO wrote:

@sa7375

1) No 90 days available for this plan

2) You cannot purchase Data Add-on for this plan, as you need Data in your plan in the first place in order to be able to purchase add-on

I need to correct you on the second point.  Data is treated a bit differently.  You can buy add-on data with a talk and text plan.  Here is an old thread discussing this very question. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/adding-data-addon-to-talk-and-text-prom...

@LEGO wrote:

@sa7375

2) You cannot purchase Data Add-on for this plan, as you need Data in your plan in the first place in order to be able to purchase add-on

I need to correct you on the second point.  Data is treated a bit differently.  You can buy add-on data with a talk and text plan.  Here is an old thread discussing this very question. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/adding-data-addon-to-talk-and-text-prom...

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sa7375

Need Help? Let's chat.