cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Save 10% (plus get Air Miles) when paying for Public Mobile via Shell/Mastercard until December

Thanks for the update.

At least we know that Shell gas station does not charge convenience fee and no waiting up to couple of days before using the topup voucher.

Reminder:  PM is month-to-month prepaid service.  There is no refund of the available fund in your account if you cancel.  The 10% off is gone now.  There is no point to add too much fund in your account to create a virtual contract and lock yourself to PM for long time.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Save 10% (plus get Air Miles) when paying for Public Mobile via Shell/Mastercard until December

@popping wrote:

Thanks for the update.

At least we know that Shell gas station does not charge convenience fee and no waiting up to couple of days before using the topup voucher.

Reminder:  PM is month-to-month prepaid service.  There is no refund of the available fund in your account if you cancel.  The 10% off is gone now.  There is no point to add too much fund in your account to create a virtual contract and lock yourself to PM for long time.

@CalgaryBen @popping  I'm a little bummed out about this I was going to go get a couple of vouchers today. I find it interesting that the terms and conditions clearly stated that the registration of your credit card could end at anytime. It did not state that shell or MasterCard could end this offer at anytime.  I wonder if that runs afoul of false advertising or competition  legislation.....

I think that if anything since I did not benefit from the promotion I want my credit card number back.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:
I'm a little bummed out about this I was going to go get a couple of vouchers today. I find it interesting that the terms and conditions clearly stated that the registration of your credit card could end at anytime. It did not state that shell or MasterCard could end this offer at anytime.  I wonder if that runs afoul of false advertising or competition  legislation.....

Yeah, I'm disappointed as well, since I was going to get a couple more vouchers to load up additional PM phones I have.  I guess all good things come to an end!  I did get the rebates on previous PM vouchers I had bought ($60 + $100).

I guess it's in their right to pull the promo, especially if they're losing money.  It's unfortunate that it got abused (RFD effect), but since they didn't exempt things like lottery tickets, gift cards, tobacco, etc. that many promos exclude, they kind of set themselves up for this.  I was actually going to fuel up at Shell for the next 3 months, but with the promo gone, I'll go back to my former habits.

It did teach me that Shell is a good place to get prepaid PM vouchers though!  For people who collect Air Miles (I don't really... I use a friend's AM number), there's that small perk as well.