cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Save 10% (plus get Air Miles) when paying for Public Mobile via Shell/Mastercard until December

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

I wouldn't too many vouchers at once. Gift cards can be used for gas or snacks. Do you think they will allow Public vouchers to be bought with a Shell gift card?

Oh, I see what you're saying, I think... you want to buy Shell gift cards, and then later use them to buy stuff like vouchers and what-not.  I honestly would be just guessing if I were to answer; you'd have to read the terms and conditions on the Shell gift cards.  I imagine that's doable and that they'd be redeemable on anything at Shell.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Save 10% (plus get Air Miles) when paying for Public Mobile via Shell/Mastercard until December

@CalgaryBen  Thanks for the heads up. Just registered my card. Please note MasterCard reserves the right to end registration at any time. Here are the terms and conditions:

GET 10% cash back at Shell

Now through December 30th, get 10% discount as a statement credit on any purchase of $50 or more.

Terms & Conditions

This offer is non-transferable and available to eligible Canadian Mastercard cardholders who have successfully registered their Mastercard card number on the fuelupforless.com (redirected from Shell.ca/fuelupforless) website. This offer is valid for a limited time and eligible purchases must be made on or before December 30th, 2019 after the card has been successfully registered on the fuelupforless.com (redirected from Shell.ca/fuelupforless) website. Once credit card is registered, all purchases at a Shell location made with the registered credit card over $50 and within the offer time window will receive 10% back in the form of a statement credit rebate. The credit is applied to your Mastercard Account and will appear on your statement as a rebate. The credit will appear no later than your next statement (and typically between 3-5 business days) after the transaction from Shell is posted to your Account statement.

Advertising pertaining to cents off per litre of fuel language is an approximation based on current fuel prices. Actual conversion of cents per litre will depend on the fuel price at time of purchase and an assumption that fuel was purchased during the qualifying purchase. For example, in some regions if fuel is priced at $1.70 per litre, the actual cents per litre discount will be 17 cents per litre, conversely other regions have fuel prices closer to $1.20 per litre and the actual cents per litre discount will be 12 cents per litre.

By registering your credit card in connection to this offer, you authorize Mastercard to monitor transactions made with your registered credit card in order to: a) identify Shell transactions that you have made during the offer window, b) determine whether the conditions for a rebate to be credited to your registered credit card have been met, and c) enable the credit of the rebate on your registered credit card. The transaction data monitored will be used solely for the purpose of enabling participation in the offer, enable to processing of the rebate, and to assess results of the offer program. Offer is limited and Mastercard has the right to end card registrations for offer before offer end date.

@popping wrote:

Is there any delay/wait time before you can add the voucher to  PM account?

If no, it is better to buy voucher at Shell station than drug stores.

I decided to get another (to-be-rebated) voucher to generate a couple more data points.

This time I asked the attendant for a $100 PM voucher, so he scanned the appropriate barcode from his binder, no problem!  It rang up at $105 (5% GST in AB).  I paid with my MC which I've registered for the promo.  Should get $10.50 back by next week (if my last test was any indication, it could show up as early as Oct 7).

I then walked back to my car, and dialed *611 on my PM phone.  Pressed 1 to top-up, and 1 to use voucher.  Entered 12-digit voucher PIN as instructed.  Immediately got an SMS from shortcode 100 indicating payment successfully added, and at the same time, interactive voice response system told me I successfully added $100 to my balance.  So, it was virtually available to use as soon as the attendant handed it to me (plus the time it took to walk to my car and call -- all occurred in under a minute).

@CalgaryBen  Wow if you really want to save money and you live close to the border of Alberta or the Territories you could save up to 20% by getting the mastercard 10% rebate and saving the provincial sales tax on the vouchers. Or if you have a trip planned there you could stock up on a few vouchers or friends or family willing to pass the savings on to you.....on a $50 plan that's a savings of up to $120 per year.

@darlicious wrote:

Wow if you really want to save money and you live close to the border of Alberta or the Territories you could save up to 20% by getting the mastercard 10% rebate and saving the provincial sales tax on the vouchers.

Being Albertan does have its advantages.  I'm not sure it's quite a 20% savings, but I guess it's all relative to where you normally reside and what your area code is.

Adjacent provinces visiting AB would save an additional 7% (BC) or 6% (SK), so it'd be a net savings of 16-17% with this promo.

Definitely worthwhile for fellow Canadians coming through AB to buy their PM vouchers from here, at the lower tax rate!

Mayor / Maire

To get the saving, all you need is a friend or relative living in AB to email you the voucher number.

@CalgaryBen  Even though the oil and gas industry has taken a downturn while we wait for that pipeline to be built there is still a fair amount of maritimers working in the industry who go home on a regular basis. Their savings of 10% on the provincial portion of the hst would add up nicely.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to save money in Ontario at 13% Tax.

My math was wrong. See my other post.

Public Mobile Voucher: $ 60

13% tax :                       $  7.80

- Promo Rebate:         -  $ 6.78

Total:                              $ 61.02

So you pay $61.02 for $60 Public Mobile. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Never mind. I searched a bit more in the forums, there is no double taxation.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Vouchers-and-tax/m-p/298642#M...

So the 10% discount does save money in ON. :-)

Please note that this promotion has abruptly ended as of Oct 8 (instead of running through until Dec 30):

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION

This promotion has ended. As of October 8, 2019 at 10am EST, no new card enrolments or statement credits for new purchases will be processed. Please visit shell.ca for other available promotions.

I guess too many people (from RFD) were exploiting it.