cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Criminal Organization* *Beware*

southeypoint1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear, Community Members, 

Yesterday I spent $50.00 on PM vouchers at Canadian Tire to pay my account and NONE of the vouchers are valid. Each time I tried to enter the pin using my phone the message came back, "Voucher invaid." The store manager tried as well and got the same message. 

Public Mobile is a full-service criminal organization. Beware. I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau and the RCMP. 

65 REPLIES 65

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

There is no free lunch.  No payment upfront does not mean FREE.  It is loan offered by the phone company.  Although the loan is at 0% interest, but the requirement to get the 0% interest is to sign a 2 years contract with a higher cost plan.  The extra payment on the new plan is the interest collected by the phone company.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anniemh2220 : Don't worry about it. It's all perfectly fine to continue the conversation. It's not like you had a question. I've been here 3 years. Couldn't be happier with the cell phone needs.

@anniemh2220 wrote:
I didn't know it was old. Why is it still open then?

Members are not provided with any option to close a thread.

anniemh2220
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I didn't know it was old. Why is it still open then?

@anniemh2220  this is an old thread you are replying on.. start your own...

I guess different models suit different people.  Honest, PM is a bit lower rate but without a helpdesk phone number, it's not a model that's good for everyone.

Also, some people rather pay Tab fee for a new phone instead of buying it from elsewhere and BYOD.   

🙂

anniemh2220

I've been with Public Mobile for at least ⁸ years. I had another number which unfortunately I lost. It was an awesome number too. 😠

Anyway I think Public has the best rates. I can't understand why other people would want to use a company that charges ridiculous rates. Is it just because you can get the newest phone and pay "nothing" (yeah right) 

Anyway that's my 2 cents. Lol

@Leaving 

I don't believe I've made any accusations against you? Have I?!! I did have a little fun with your username well over a year ago after you said "I hate this company." So when another member revived this thread I provided an update that included you not leaving.......

Leaving

I didn't start this thread.

Why is this "darlicious' person making accusations about me?

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@amandapassmore wrote:

Public Mobile is not a "criminal organization" this is a legit mobile phone company with great rates. I have been a member of Public Mobile for 3 months and have saved 2/3 of what I was paying when I was with another company. 

I hope you were able to figure out the situation with your cards, but i wanted to share my experience that this mobile company is just what I needed and I'm so happy with it and the money i have saved.

Very true. Having a dispute with a phone company doesn't make it a "criminal organization".  The service could be bad (or good) and they could owe you from overcharging but bad service doesn't make it criminal. 

amandapassmore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile is not a "criminal organization" this is a legit mobile phone company with great rates. I have been a member of Public Mobile for 3 months and have saved 2/3 of what I was paying when I was with another company. 

I hope you were able to figure out the situation with your cards, but i wanted to share my experience that this mobile company is just what I needed and I'm so happy with it and the money i have saved.

@anniemh2220 

Here's an update for you.... @Leaving hasn't left he was just here a week or so ago. I still have my two accounts I'm paying $1 for one and gaining $6 on the other so I'm +$5 every 30 days.

anniemh2220

I'm over a year behind but I just read the criminal empire/telecommunications mafia post..um,  if the vouchers were expired wouldn't they have an expiration date? If they didn't, wouldn't Canadian Tire be responsible for selling expired vouchers? 

Just wondering and exaggerating....😁

H2MDevelopments

That's amazing. I share a very similar story. I'm pretty sure a lot of us can relate. 

@H2MDevelopments  I don't mind sharing...i joined in early August switching from freedom. My smartphone plan....same deal except I save $2 w/autopay. $40plan But the problem with freedom was no service outside the city unless I paid for roaming and I spend every weekend camping at the lake. Plus my house in the city had very spotty service w/ freedom so it was backed up by my flip phone with telus. Free roaming and local calling/texting and no data $35. Once I found pm I tried to get a promo but finally I was sick of having no service so I switched. A little less than a month later I switched my telus phone.I took the RBC promo $10 off/6 months ($40plan) and 5gb data add ons. With 2 days left I switched the other phone to the $15plan and switched SIM cards so the smartphone continued to have a larger data plan. By the next month I decided to ditch the flip phone...put its SIM in the 2nd slot of my smartphone and switched from the $15 to the $10 just before it was eliminated...and with rewards it's a $0 plan and building credit. The $40 is currently costing me $22. Not bad from $75 +tax before joining pm to $22...$14 if you count my monthly credit balance.

H2MDevelopments

Agreed, ffs for fun sakes! I just don't understand someone making such a strong accusation without anything to back it up. This community thing is cool def. darlicious how long have u been with public mobile for and what's your current plan I'd u dont mind sharing? 

@H2MDevelopments wrote:

I dont wish for him to leave , but that's his own preference. First week with public and I'm very pleased 

I don't necessarily wish @Leaving  on anyone as I think public mobile is awesome... @Leaving not so much. But I'm just having a little fun @Leaving  nothing left for a chance of changing their opinion of public mobile.

H2MDevelopments

I dont wish for him to leave , but that's his own preference. First week with public and I'm very pleased 

@H2MDevelopments  Hopefully @Leaving  is actually going to live up to their username and instead of constantly complain actually leave but i have a feeling @Leaving  is too cheap to go With another provider because public mobile offers such afffordable plans @Leaving would be crazy!

H2MDevelopments

How so? You can't just make accusations like this without evidence. PS YOUR WASTING YOUR TIME.

Leaving

I hate this company. 

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lukevader wrote:

By any chance are you 12? 

Could be, this is a prepaid service after all! No minimum age Smiley LOL

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@southeypoint1 wrote:

Dear, Community Members, 

Public Mobile is a full-service criminal organization. Beware. I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau and the RCMP. 

By any chance are you 12? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

Use a credit card!

Well you managed to do it once in reply to srlawren but now you're posting things out of the blue again.

If you want to reply to a specific post then click on the Reply button to the lower right of the post. Then click on the Quote button above the typing box.

The other less context driven method is the @ username sign. Even just mentioning the username gives a tiny bit of context.

dboxtvinfo715

Use a credit card!

dboxtvinfo715

rcmp will do nothing 

stop crying

dboxtvinfo715

Smiley Embarassed

dboxtvinfo715

HeartSmiley Embarassed

@srlawren wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

let me know ok

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

it works, its programmed 

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

Hope it is okHeart

@dboxtvinfo715 hey can you please use the Quote button and/or tag the person you're responding to (type the @ symbol and it will give you a pop of people recently participating in the thread--click or tap on the person you're responding to).  It's really hard to tell what these responses I quoted above are in response to without any context.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

let me know ok

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

it works, its programmed 

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

Hope it is okHeart

@dboxtvinfo715 hey can you please use the Quote button and/or tag the person you're responding to (type the @ symbol and it will give you a pop of people recently participating in the thread--click or tap on the person you're responding to).  It's really hard to tell what these responses I quoted above are in response to without any context.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Leaving

My post was deleted by the site. 

Wow. Ok.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Leaving wrote:

@southeypoint1 wrote:

Dear, Community Members, 

Yesterday I spent $50.00 on PM vouchers at Canadian Tire to pay my account and NONE of the vouchers are valid. Each time I tried to enter the pin using my phone the message came back, "Voucher invaid." The store manager tried as well and got the same message. 

They're not criminal. Just incompetent. They are owned by Telus and they don't care that their computer system doesn't work. Their websites doesn't work either. They don't care.

Go to a Mobile Shop store in a Zehrs to fix your issue. They have access to Public Mobile and can contact them directly. I don't think the discount is worth the hassle, though. Threre are at least two more prepaid mobile providers out there. Hopefully, they invest in their computer infrastructure.

Their systems work fine. Buggy and little problems with some that go our way but it works. The website is fine. Sometimes down. Sometimes overloaded. Oh well. You came here for the rates. Not white glove pool side service.

I don't think you can walk in to a store and have them contact someone at PM. Maybe during initial activation but I highly doubt afterwards. They would almost certainly say to go to the community for help.

No other provider offers the rewards this place does.

Need Help? Let's chat.