cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Criminal Organization* *Beware*

southeypoint1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear, Community Members, 

Yesterday I spent $50.00 on PM vouchers at Canadian Tire to pay my account and NONE of the vouchers are valid. Each time I tried to enter the pin using my phone the message came back, "Voucher invaid." The store manager tried as well and got the same message. 

Public Mobile is a full-service criminal organization. Beware. I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau and the RCMP. 

65 REPLIES 65

Leaving
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@southeypoint1 wrote:

Dear, Community Members, 

Yesterday I spent $50.00 on PM vouchers at Canadian Tire to pay my account and NONE of the vouchers are valid. Each time I tried to enter the pin using my phone the message came back, "Voucher invaid." The store manager tried as well and got the same message. 

Public Mobile is a full-service criminal organization. Beware. I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau and the RCMP. 

They're not criminal. Just incompetent. They are owned by Telus and they don't care that their computer system doesn't work. Their websites doesn't work either. They don't care.

Go to a Mobile Shop store in a Zehrs to fix your issue. They have access to Public Mobile and can contact them directly. I don't think the discount is worth the hassle, though. Threre are at least two more prepaid mobile providers out there. Hopefully, they invest in their computer infrastructure.

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hope it is okHeart

dboxtvinfo715

it works, its programmed 

dboxtvinfo715

let me know ok

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@hairbag1  Is there a way of using these online top up services without a credit or visa debit card? Will a prepaid visa or mc work? The issue is the lack of canadian credit or bank card or account.

They take Paypal.

Try the Canada Post for a reloadable visa card. Cuctomer can even use that card on their account to take advantage of Autopay.

@hairbag1  That was suggested in @Courtneyclairem thread  which I had warned about the fees associated with that particular card...outrageous! Her reaction was equal to mine when I read the small print a very expensive option that exploits those who can not get a credit or visa/debit card but need one that's accepted online or places like public mobile.

I don't use the reloadable version. I pay the fee for the convenience and anonymity and to not have my main credit card recorded to minimize risk exposure.

I use one branded as Vanilla. Not MyVanilla...that's the reloadable one and iirc it didn't work here. RobertQc found one at CanadaPost but it wasn't a reloadable one either. I guess CanadaPost sells both kinds.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@hairbag1  Is there a way of using these online top up services without a credit or visa debit card? Will a prepaid visa or mc work? The issue is the lack of canadian credit or bank card or account.

They take Paypal.

Try the Canada Post for a reloadable visa card. Cuctomer can even use that card on their account to take advantage of Autopay.

@hairbag1  That was suggested in @Courtneyclairem thread  which I had warned about the fees associated with that particular card...outrageous! Her reaction was equal to mine when I read the small print a very expensive option that exploits those who can not get a credit or visa/debit card but need one that's accepted online or places like public mobile.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@southeypoint1  Here is a picture of a Canadian tire public mobile voucher..does it look the same?

Make sure you are entering the 12 digit redemption number NOT the 12 digit voucher number.

Seriously!? Canadian Tire (or PM) prints four 12 digit #'s on the receipt? Two of which are the same? And the one called Voucher # isn't the right one? That's ridiculous. How's anyone to know that?

(Obviously directed at the companies...not you.)

@Anonymous wrote:

Seriously!? Canadian Tire (or PM) prints four 12 digit #'s on the receipt? Two of which are the same? And the one called Voucher # isn't the right one? That's ridiculous. How's anyone to know that?

I can't remember which is which but I believe that the knowledge base articles point to using one of either the voucher number or the PIN, but depending on where you purchased the voucher, it's actually the other one that you need.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

They take Paypal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

They take Paypal.

@Courtneyclairem wrote:

Has it come through? I need to recharge and don't have a canadian bank account so was considering this...

@Courtneyclairem...for an alternative...try recharge.com or ding.com. They're on-line payment services with good rep's.

@Anonymous  I know that's why I posted it awhile ago too....they can be very confusing. It took a little trial and error with trying the voucher number first then the redemption number. It took about 6-8 hours to load. Right around the time they closed....since I paid with a credit card I figure it doesn't load until they "z" out their credit card terminals.

@Courtneyclairem  Trust me a Shell station for a voucher is the way to go...also coincidentally  tried and tested by @CalgaryBen  as well.

Courtneyclairem

Has it come through? I need to recharge and don't have a canadian bank account so was considering this...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@southeypoint1  Here is a picture of a Canadian tire public mobile voucher..does it look the same?

Make sure you are entering the 12 digit redemption number NOT the 12 digit voucher number.

Make sure you are entering the 12 digit redemption number NOT the 12 digit voucher number.20190929_092002.jpg

These two threads have been merged together. I understand that customers can get upset when a service doesn't work as it should, but I would always suggest that words be chosen carefully.

DonForgo

@srlawren wrote:

@southeypoint1 wrote:

@southeypoint1 you're right, Public Mobile is a complete scam!  Please let us know how you make out with the BBB and the RCMP.  Keep us psoted.

BBB actually works like a mafia, they'll shake down reputable companies for money to 'resolve' negative complaints. 

It's a private company, it's not a government organization, it's there to make money. 

DonForgo

sometimes, computers have errors, 

sometimes, the person selling you the voucher could take it down and then use it for themselves,

sometimes, people short on funds will test random numbers and see if it'll work. 

Take pictuers of your receipt for purchasing, and the voucher, and submit it to a moderator, they'll probably have to escalate it. accusing an organization that has tens of thousands of customers to steal your money, isn't going to help solve the issues. 

If a telecom company want to steal money, there are easier ways, and bigger fishes to fry easier.  

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact a moderator for help with this issue. There seems to be no other way.

Lowufo

@srlawren wrote:

@southeypoint1 wrote:

@southeypoint1 you're right, Public Mobile is a complete scam!  Please let us know how you make out with the BBB and the RCMP.  Keep us psoted.

Smiley Very Happy  

I love a good come back like @srlawren @has posted.

@southeypoint1 wrote:
Here is the response from the Store Manager at Canadian Tire regarding these vouchers three days laters showing as "invalid." I stand behind my claim that PM is a full-service criminal organization/scam telecommunications company. 

Hello,

To speed up the process, I obtained out contact information for Blackhawk and contacted them personally. I talked to a couple of their representatives and they assured me that all four vouchers are activated. The only recommendation they had was to contact Public Mobile and find out why it is not working on their end. You mentioned that on the message boards they said it could be an activation issue. Have you got in touch with one of Public Mobile's employees to ask them to investigate the issue? Please let me know if you have any questions. We will keep the copies on file until the problem gets resolved.

Sincerely,

@southeypoint1  Submit a ticket with pics of your vouchers and they will sort it out.

Click on the ? in lower right side of screen to start process of moderator assistance. Type "contact human"...then follow directions.

Have you contacted @CS_Agent?

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Spoiler
submit_ticket.PNG

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern, usually within 48 hours.

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

southeypoint1
Here is the response from the Store Manager at Canadian Tire regarding these vouchers three days laters showing as "invalid." I stand behind my claim that PM is a full-service criminal organization/scam telecommunications company. 

Hello,

To speed up the process, I obtained out contact information for Blackhawk and contacted them personally. I talked to a couple of their representatives and they assured me that all four vouchers are activated. The only recommendation they had was to contact Public Mobile and find out why it is not working on their end. You mentioned that on the message boards they said it could be an activation issue. Have you got in touch with one of Public Mobile's employees to ask them to investigate the issue? Please let me know if you have any questions. We will keep the copies on file until the problem gets resolved.

Sincerely,

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@southeypoint1 wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@southeypoint1 wrote:

Dear, Community Members, 

For a faster payment, try an on-line payment service such as recharge.com or ding.com.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is a funny post Smiley LOL. I wouldn't be getting the policed involved so quickly. Have you considering contacting Public Mobile about these invalid vouchers instead of jumping to conclusions?

In case you didn't know, Public Mobile is owned by Telus which is a large reputable company.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Vouchers can take several hours or more to become active. Be patient and if needed, contact a moderator by clicking ?, bottom right, and follow instructions to have this issue corrected.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There's nothing criminal, it has everything to do with how computers from different companies talk to each other. These vouchers work just like gift cards.  More often than not, they are not immediately useable because the purchase information is not transferred from the vendor computers in real time. It's been a long while since I purchased a voucher.  They used to call the instantaneously usable ones RTRs (real time reload).  They were issued using a separate machine and not just scanned on a cash register.

Need Help? Let's chat.