Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credits taken automatically

Maxlemax
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all 🙂

I had 35$ credit on my account.

My plan was ending on the 12th.

Without me doing anything, 25$ out of the 35$ credit I had got taken to renew the same plan.

I was a bit shocked as I was hoping to wait a few days before reactivating.

I just don't think machines making moves on customer's behalf without their consent, nor asking, nor even them knowing isn't good practice.

Can you provide ti[s on how to avoid that rehappening please?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

mdwallace97
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It should just go automatically. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Maxlemax  Couple of ways to stop renewal from happening when you have just enough balance to cover the plan cost. When you enable Lost/stolen phone feature, it will prevent auto renewal. However, you will not receive any rewards when you are ready to renew. Another way is to futuredate a plan change with a plan that costs more than the balance you have. System will not have enough balance to renew your plan so it will fail as long as you do not have a credit or debit card on AutoPay. To get out of this, you should contact the mod team to renew/change the plan you want. Of course your choices will only be for current available plans. I am not so sure what happens to rewards in this case. I guess you would get all the rearwards because renewal process starts with adding rewards to your account balance before failing to complete due to insufficient balance. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Maxlemax  As others have already mentioned plan renewal will automatically renew your plan if you have available funds. The only way to avoid this is to declare your phone lost on the last day of your 30 day plan. You can re-activate your plan anytime within 90 days by declaring your phone found.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

It is done automatically

Your plan renews from available funds. Cc is touched only if you register for autopay.

To postpone renewal you need to suspend services using lost/stolen link. So in the future if you know you won't need the phone the first be week or couple if days you can just log in and suspend it. It can stay suspended for up to 90 days. If it's more than 90 days the account well be purged with everything in it, you will not be able to ever get it back.

Side note, you cannot pause your 30 days by suspending your account (the clock still keeps ticking), you can only prevent and delay the next renewal.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Maxlemax the only way to stop your account from renewing automatically if you have more credit than the cost of the plan is to place it on lost/ stolen. Heres an article how to do it 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maxlemax 

Everything flows in and out of Available Funds. Manual payments, vouchers, credits, rewards go in. Renewals, add-on purchasing, immediate plan changes go out. Only when there is insufficient funds for renewal does it go to try autopay if set up for the remainder that it needs.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Maxlemax wrote:

Hi all 🙂

Without me doing anything, 25$ out of the 35$ credit I had got taken to renew the same plan.

I just don't think machines making moves on customer's behalf without their consent, nor asking, nor even them knowing isn't good practice.

Can you provide ti[s on how to avoid that rehappening please?

Thank you

Well, your plan does renew itself every 30 days. If you want PM cell service...that's how it works.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Maxlemax wrote:

Hi all 🙂

Are you talking about the available fund or refer-a-friend reward in your account?

@Maxlemax wrote:

Is your account suspended at this point?

Need Help? Let's chat.