cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card

jwcrowe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi, i just joined last night and this morning i noticed a fradulent charge on my credit card statement....so I had to call and cancel the credit card....i wont have my new one for 5 days...i need to ensure that public mobile wont cancel my account....i see a charge on there from PM....i cant see where I can actually talk to anyone at PM !!!!

13 REPLIES 13

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

I'm thinking that there's nothing the moderators can do to assist you right now...as long as your phone is working, you're good to go until renewal date. You can buy a voucher at most 7-11 type stores and add it to your Available Funds before your next renewal date. Once you have the voucher, add it buy calling 611.

Once you have a credit card, you can log into My Account and remove the old credit card and add the new one.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

jwcrowe

thank you!!! so much to learn when im just used to pickingup the phone!!!

You can do it yourself if you click on the little envelop on top it will take you to private messages, then hit wrote new message and start typing moderator_team

jwcrowe

Thank you!! i feel better now 🙂

jwcrowe

thanks!!

jwcrowe

firefox...and it was norton that blocked it....

@Triguy I think it's important to note that when recommending the lost/stolen trick that you should also include that there is a strong possiblity that the customer will have to forfeit the AutoPay reward for the current period.

This was reported by a customer yesterday and they also included the response from the moderator. So it's important from now on to warn the customer of the risk.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jwcrowe expect a 48+ hour reply time for mods. But as your service is working and renewal date in in 29 days, not sure what they really can do. 

I clicked on the link and it worked fine. What browser and OS were you using? 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triguy  what would suspending the account via lost stolen accomplish. Other than not being able to use the phone? Or even contacting the mods accomplish?. What can they do, the the poster can't do in selfserve. There is no issue with the account. 

The poster joined yesterday, sh they are good for 30 days of service as long as they don't initiate acharge back the pm charge.  

jwcrowe

Thanks...the linkyou gaveme totalk to the moderators, was blocked by my computer....it came up in red and said "HIGHLY DANGEROUS SITE  KNOWN AS DANGEROUS" sooooo now im a bit freaked out....and i couldnt go to it....so i did the chat thing and was able to send a messgae to (a hopefully) human that way   fingers crossed!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Your account should state your renewal date of it is later than a week you have nothing to worry about. And in your case it's moor than 4 weeks, so you are fine

Once you receive your credit card log into your account, hit 'make payment' then hit manage autopay, remove your old card and register the new card.

I highly recommend you at that point withdraw the funds manually ( don't worry you will still get autopay reward on renewal day) just to make sure everything is working fine.

Btw even if your account gets suspended for non payment it will not get cancelled for 90 days

Oh and welcome to public mobile:)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could message a moderator.  Also you can log into your self serve account to update your credit card. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/update-or-remove-your-payment-card.

Moserator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@jwcroweYou would need to contact the moderators

However since you have prepaid for 30 days of service already, as long as you tell your credit card that the Public Mobile charge is valid, it should be fine.. just add back you new credit card when you get it to your selflserve to get your autopay discount before your 30 days is up.

Need Help? Let's chat.